Whats The Best Staggered Rim Size For An Is300?

madtweaked

Does anyone know whats the optimal stagger rim size for an IS300? I want to get some 18 inch rims but don't know how wide i can go with the rear without it sticking out of the rear fender. Also what about the tire size for the rear. If anyone has pictures of their IS300 with staggered 18 inch rims please show them and post the size of the rims and tires thank you.

P.S. i'm not looking to make my car a "race car" i perfer clean and sexy :)

If your not racing it then why go staggered ? Something to think about is that you can't rotate the tires anymore. So the tires wear alot faster and are harder to maintain. Just a thought. Why not just go wider rims all around ? Seems like alot of cash for very little effect.

If your not racing it then why go staggered ? Something to think about is that you can't rotate the tires anymore. So the tires wear alot faster and are harder to maintain. Just a thought. Why not just go wider rims all around ? Seems like alot of cash for very little effect.

I know what u mean but...why not go staggered? don't tell me that a sweet !Removed! BMW or Mercedes with staggered rims do not look...staggering...hell some come with staggered rims? i realize tires are gonna be expensive but hey its a LEXUS...if it were a honda i'd reconsider... moneys not the problem, the problem is not knowing what size will fit...i've had a shop put some 18 staggered rims on my car before...thought he knew what he was talking about but the tires and rims he put on..(that i chose and had him order)...stuck out about 1 inch off my rear fender. the sizes were

Front Rim: 18x7.5 Tire: 225/40/18

Rear Rim: 18x8.5 Tire: 245/40/18

I figured he knew what he was talking about since he owned the Tire shop, but anyways the front rims had a 2.5 (maybe 3) inch lip!!! and the lip on the rear rim was smaller WTF?!?!, i asked why not just swap the rims around...then realized the rims were diffrent widths. luckly he said that it was his fault and i wouldnt have to pay anything for what he ordered. so i took off and never returned to that shop.

i just want to know the correct sizes...something thats been proven to work and look nice.

That depends on the size of wheel, being lowered, how fat of a lip do you want and what size tire do you want to go with.

First decide on the wheel size and lip you want. Then you might get more info on this subject. Just asking what size is the max for staggered look. IMO, unless your made of money, I wouldnt go staggered. YOur tires will wear out faster and unevenly. Especially if your lowered.

That depends on the size of wheel, being lowered, how fat of a lip do you want and what size tire do you want to go with.

First decide on the wheel size and lip you want. Then you might get more info on this subject. Just asking what size is the max for staggered look. IMO, unless your made of money, I wouldnt go staggered. YOur tires will wear out faster and unevenly. Especially if your lowered.

I dont really plan on lowering my car but the sizes i was thinking about are

Rims

18x9.5 rear

18x8.5 front

with 2.5 to 3 inch rear lip

Tires

235/40/18 front

245/35/18 rear

will that fit flush with my car?

this is what i'm talking about here

34pc5j7.jpg

i found this on this website

To be honest. I was in the same situation, but not going for the staggered look. Was interested in looking flush with a stock suspension.

I was told that it wont look flush. Pretty much what they were saying, no drop no flush.

You might go with +40 in the front and something like +38, if not +35. in the rear. Im not sure what 2.5-3" lip is in offset.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm thinking in going staggered, but I use my car for drag race, I'm going to buy 18x7.5 or 8 front with 225/40R18 and 18x8.5 rear with 245/35 or 40R18..... if you don't have lot of HP, and you do not need grip, you can have 18 wheels not staggered, with your 225/40/18 so you can switch them front to rear without problems.

If you like the racing look, go staggered, with 2 inchs lip.

Does anyone know whats the optimal stagger rim size for an IS300? I want to get some 18 inch rims but don't know how wide i can go with the rear without it sticking out of the rear fender. Also what about the tire size for the rear. If anyone has pictures of their IS300 with staggered 18 inch rims please show them and post the size of the rims and tires thank you.

P.S. i'm not looking to make my car a "race car" i perfer clean and sexy :)

Well, I´m on that mods too. I´m going on 7.5 front and 8.5 rear. some people tell me that I can go 8 and 9 and even 9.5 rear, but It will have positive Camber, and the inner side of the tire will be slick on few months.

I´m going on 7.5 and 8.5 Axis super hiro, black with red lip, and 225/40R18 front and 245/40R18 rear on semi-slick tires for Street racing purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a staggered offset on mine, not sure of the size, the tire is 245 rear and 230 maybe in front. but i have no lip front or back, all the offset goes inward and it looks and works perfectly and i have my car dumped and the front does not rub at all. but if you really want a lip than it is more likely your will will ot be as flush with the fender

• 2 years later...