No Power

bdjh

please help

I have a ls400 92. the car idles fine. when i rev up the engine it will go up to 2000 to 2500 rpm`s. then bogg down and sometimes will die out. if i let off the gas it will resume normal idle. no codes. tried to make one come up but no success. it sounds like an old car with a carb. when the carb would bogg down. the cats are only one year old. they are made by catco. i heard they are cheap ,very cheap cats. no glowing. also pressure coming out of exhaust weak. what would be the symptons of a bad air flow meter.

thanks

bdjh

please help

I have a ls400 92. the car idles fine. when i rev up the engine it will go up to 2000 to 2500 rpm`s. then bogg down and sometimes will die out. if i let off the gas it will resume normal idle. no codes. tried to make one come up but no success. it sounds like an old car with a carb. when the carb would bogg down. the cats are only one year old. they are made by catco. i heard they are cheap ,very cheap cats. no glowing. also pressure coming out of exhaust weak. what would be the symptons of a bad air flow meter.

thanks

bdjh

When was the last time you changed your plugs, wires, air filter? My 94 did something similar and after changing those things it ran fine. Could also be a throttle postion sensor or as you said air flow meter. What you have explained sounds much like what was wrong with mine. However my cats would glow after awhile because of the lack of the right amount of spark.