Ls400 Windshield Wiper Makes Click Sound

MikeyLS400

Hi,

I am new at Lexus LS400 so I appreciate all your help and suggestions. My 91 LS400, which I bought 2 weeks ago (84K miles) when I turned on the windshield wipers made a 'CLICK' sound whenever the wipers rotated all the way to the leftside (from inside the car). It's very annoying.

Is it the wiper motor or some kind of adjustment I need to make? Should I replace the wipers?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Check to make sure that the wiper blades are not hitting the hood. When I changed the blades on my '91 they hit the hood. I just adjusted them to to provide clearance.

Hi,

I am new at Lexus LS400 so I appreciate all your help and suggestions. My 91 LS400, which I bought 2 weeks ago (84K miles) when I turned on the windshield wipers made a 'CLICK' sound whenever the wipers rotated all the way to the leftside (from inside the car). It's very annoying.

Is it the wiper motor or some kind of adjustment I need to make? Should I replace the wipers?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Check to make sure that the wiper blades are not hitting the hood. When I changed the blades on my '91 they hit the hood. I just adjusted them to to provide clearance.
Hi,

Thanks

Hi,

thanks for everyone inputs..I replaced the wipers with new Bosch ones picked up from AUTO Advantage and problem solved. :cheers: