Poor Acceleration

sffans

I have a 93 es300 and it started idleing rough and has poor acceleration. I have replaced plugs, wire rotor , cap. Have also put IACV and new coil. new tps. Have also took catylatic converter off and it checks good. It still runs rough and acts like it does not want to shift. It smells like gas coming from the exhaust. When you first start it it runs ok on first of the day start. As it warms up it gets even worse. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME.

I have a 93 es300 and it started idleing rough and has poor acceleration. I have replaced plugs, wire rotor , cap. Have also put IACV and new coil. new tps. Have also took catylatic converter off and it checks good. It still runs rough and acts like it does not want to shift. It smells like gas coming from the exhaust. When you first start it it runs ok on first of the day start. As it warms up it gets even worse. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME.

The PCV valve located on the valve cover may be clogged. This valve allows the gases that escape into the crankcase to be recirculated into the engine thro the intake manifold. A clogged PCV valve causes rough idle, high fuel consumption and sludge formation.

This valve and mounting grommet would have become brittle with age and will break and fall into the valve cover when removed. Tweezers are required to remove the broken pieces. Napa stocks both the valve and grommet.

The fuel filter becomes clogged, causing poor fuel delivery and poor acceleration. The fuel filter in the older Lexus' use a flare nut at the inlet end. I just stripped the nut today trying to take it off with an open ended wrench. A special wrench called a flare nut wrench is required to open the fuel filter nut. The torque required to open this nut is very high and only a power tool can unlock the nut. You will need to take it to a mechanic. Ask the mechanic to oil the threads before installing the new filter.

Use a good brand complete fuel system cleaner for high mileage engines to clean the fuel injectors, valves, and combustion chamber.

Good luck - let me know how this goes!!

Just found out that it is the head gasket so I will be changing this out in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the help

The PCV valve located on the valve cover may be clogged. This valve allows the gases that escape into the crankcase to be recirculated into the engine thro the intake manifold. A clogged PCV valve causes rough idle, high fuel consumption and sludge formation.

This valve and mounting grommet would have become brittle with age and will break and fall into the valve cover when removed. Tweezers are required to remove the broken pieces. Napa stocks both the valve and grommet.

The fuel filter becomes clogged, causing poor fuel delivery and poor acceleration. The fuel filter in the older Lexus' use a flare nut at the inlet end. I just stripped the nut today trying to take it off with an open ended wrench. A special wrench called a flare nut wrench is required to open the fuel filter nut. The torque required to open this nut is very high and only a power tool can unlock the nut. You will need to take it to a mechanic. Ask the mechanic to oil the threads before installing the new filter.

Use a good brand complete fuel system cleaner for high mileage engines to clean the fuel injectors, valves, and combustion chamber.

Good luck - let me know how this goes!!