What Window Tint Colors Are Available?

landar

Well, I did find other posts on tinting which were helpful but the quick question is whether there is some color film

that would look really nice on my 98 LS400 with antique bronze mica paint (say what?

its a brownish-goldish color).

I would have the work done professionally. A shop already quoted me $150 (about

2 hours labor). State law allows a 35% tint and I would like to have all windows (except

windshield) tinted.

My only dilemma is whether extra tinting would look right with my car and color scheme.

The windows have a very slight bronze factory tint but I dont believe it is a film.

What color film should/could I go with and still look nice? Or scrap the idea altogether?

Does anyone have a tinted antique bronze mica Lex and could post pictures?

All comments invited.

Well, I did find other posts on tinting which were helpful but the quick question is whether there is some color film

that would look really nice on my 98 LS400 with antique bronze mica paint (say what?

its a brownish-goldish color).

I would have the work done professionally. A shop already quoted me $150 (about

2 hours labor). State law allows a 35% tint and I would like to have all windows (except

windshield) tinted.

My only dilemma is whether extra tinting would look right with my car and color scheme.

The windows have a very slight bronze factory tint but I dont believe it is a film.

What color film should/could I go with and still look nice? Or scrap the idea altogether?

Does anyone have a tinted antique bronze mica Lex and could post pictures?

All comments invited.

Take a pic of your car, upload, and Adobe it with like colors. That oughta give you the best possible inkling of how it would look like.

I have a 92 LS400 and the rear tint is a joke. It is a film that has to bind to the windshield over the antenna/heater traces, but it is not quality. At night you see 5 sets of headlights in a vertical stack if a car is behind you, totally unacceptable. Question: Is this stock (I cant believe it is) it has no visible seams at the window edges but you can tell it is a film by the way it feels and looks when it goes over a trace. How do i get rid of it, I would rather have no tint than this unsafe trash! I dont want to damage the traces so scraping it off is not practical. Ammonia soak with a vapor barrier taped up, out in the sun to soften and peel off? thanks

I have a 92 LS400 and the rear tint is a joke. It is a film that has to bind to the windshield over the antenna/heater traces, but it is not quality. At night you see 5 sets of headlights in a vertical stack if a car is behind you, totally unacceptable. Question: Is this stock (I cant believe it is) it has no visible seams at the window edges but you can tell it is a film by the way it feels and looks when it goes over a trace. How do i get rid of it, I would rather have no tint than this unsafe trash! I dont want to damage the traces so scraping it off is not practical. Ammonia soak with a vapor barrier taped up, out in the sun to soften and peel off? thanks

If it is an after market tint it can be peeled off then use WD40 to remove the residue. It is a hard job but can be done. I am not 100% sure if it would do any damage to your strips or not so you might want to research that a little more. I have removed tint using the method I explained.