Interior Cleaning

corky

eye glass cleaner is best in my opinion for cleaning lcd screens

and use a micro fibre material preferable one they use to wipe glases as well as tehy are lint free

i uses orange glo or pledge on my wood

but if it is real dirty or scratched tehn i use orewax cleaner that i uses on the paint to strip off the dirt

You want to buy a product called "Plexus" to clean the nav screen. You dont want to do glass cleaner because a lot of it has ammonia in it, and that is harmful to the coating on the touch screen. Plexus and a Microfiber work great.

You can also use Plexus on the wood, or lemon Pledge, or a piano polish like Cory.

And also keep in mind that the nav screen is a touch screen.

I think the Invisible Glass will be fine though, as long as it has no ammonia I wouldnt worry.

If you want to buy Plexus locally, try somewhere that sells plexiglass sheet, or a boating store. Its a great product for all the clear plastic in the car, guage pods etc.

I've seen lots of good info for leather care and washing/waxing a car but what products are best for removing dust and fingerprints from the navigation screen and wood trim ? Thanks !

I can't help you with the wood trim--I was wondering about that myself--but for any important glass cleaning, I highly recommend iKlear (www.iklear.com). It's 100% ammonia- and alcohol-free. It's actually designed for cleaning computer screens and high-end optics. I've used their stuff for years on LCD, CRT, and digital camera displays. Great stuff, and well worth checking out.

(I have no afflliation with the company other than being a very satisfied customer.)

I'll have to try that Esmark, I havent found anything I'm really satisfied with for cleaning the nav screen...

acf, Not really. Think about it this way, a product that is slave to one purpose always does that purpose better than a product designed to work on several. Like 2 in one shampoo conditioners lol.

Since you dont have navigation you can use a good glass cleaner and an MF towel to clean all the glass and the shiny plastic (guage cluster, radio readouts etc) the wood you can clean with just water if you want, but it comes out better with a wood polish or Plexus. And the vinyl dash can be cleaned very well with a spray bottle of Woolite and water dilluted 6:1. That way the only product you have to buy is a glass cleaner...

acf, Not really. Think about it this way, a product that is slave to one purpose always does that purpose better than a product designed to work on several. Like 2 in one shampoo conditioners lol.

hey i use 2 n 1 shampoo!!!pantene works awsome for me!lol :D

i do get your point though! :D

It works for us guys LOL, however any stylist will tell a woman that she should use seperate shampoos and conditioners because the combo jobs just dont do it.

I use one too lol, however my fiance doesn't.