Used 2004 Rx330 2wd Fair Price?

bahu

I own a 92 ES300. Now, I'm thinking of buying RX.

Today I test-drove a 2004 RX330. It's smooth and nice but felt little noisy and break is slipping little bit when waiting on down hill stoplight.

It is 2WD with 40,200 miles. The dealer (not Lexus) is asking $29,900. Is it a good price? or what would be the right price for this car? And, how much would it cost to get an extended warranty up to 100,000 miles?

It has:

Power Steering

Power Windows

Power Door Locks

Tilt Wheel

Cruise Control

AM/FM Stereo

CD Auto Changer

Mark Levinson Audio

Navigation System/Backup Camera

DVD System

Dual Front Air Bags

Front Side Air Bags

ABS (4-Wheel)

Traction Control

Leather

Dual Power Seats

Moon Roof

Roof Rack

Privacy Glass

Premium Wheels

Thanks!

Today I test-drove a 2004 RX330. It's smooth and nice but felt little noisy and break is slipping little bit when waiting on down hill stoplight.

It is 2WD with 40,200 miles. The dealer (not Lexus) is asking $29,900. Is it a good price? or what would be the right price for this car? And, how much would it cost to get an extended warranty up to 100,000 miles?

It has:

Power Steering

Power Windows

Power Door Locks

Tilt Wheel

Cruise Control

AM/FM Stereo

CD Auto Changer

Mark Levinson Audio

DVD System

Dual Front Air Bags

Front Side Air Bags

ABS (4-Wheel)

Traction Control

Leather

Dual Power Seats

Moon Roof

Roof Rack

Privacy Glass

Premium Wheels

Thanks!

I own a 2001 and a 2004 Rx300 and 330...

Do NOT buy a Lexus from a non Lexus Dealer…….. They are not in a position to take care of you like the dealer can… In particular with regard to warranty… The Lexus dealer can offer you a real Lexus warranty and that is the ONLY way to go… The price they are asking is HIGH --- you should be able to buy a like car with a Lexus warranty to 100,000 miles in the 27,000 range with tax, license, and DOC fees ( watch the doc fees it is PURE profit for the dealer and is negotiable) The cars that the Lexus dealer sells are the best of their trades as they do not want problems in the future… All the others are wholesaled to others… For this kind of money the car should look and drive like NEW --- Period… The dealer asking price is a long way from what they will take in the end… If they want 29,000 offer 25,000 including tax, etc… Car business is slow now you are in a strong position to make a good deal… The secret to winning is always remember you can walk away and shop another day or buy from another dealer… Take a hard look at the Toyota Highlander it is the same car and a good bit cheaper… I will get off my soap box now and good luck…

• 5 months later...

It has:

Power Steering

Power Windows

Power Door Locks

Tilt Wheel

Cruise Control

AM/FM Stereo

CD Auto Changer

Mark Levinson Audio

DVD System

Dual Front Air Bags

Front Side Air Bags

ABS (4-Wheel)

Traction Control

Leather

Dual Power Seats

Moon Roof

Roof Rack

Privacy Glass

Premium Wheels

Thanks!

I own a 2001 and a 2004 Rx300 and 330...

Do NOT buy a Lexus from a non Lexus Dealer…….. They are not in a position to take care of you like the dealer can… In particular with regard to warranty… The Lexus dealer can offer you a real Lexus warranty and that is the ONLY way to go… The price they are asking is HIGH --- you should be able to buy a like car with a Lexus warranty to 100,000 miles in the 27,000 range with tax, license, and DOC fees ( watch the doc fees it is PURE profit for the dealer and is negotiable) The cars that the Lexus dealer sells are the best of their trades as they do not want problems in the future… All the others are wholesaled to others… For this kind of money the car should look and drive like NEW --- Period… The dealer asking price is a long way from what they will take in the end… If they want 29,000 offer 25,000 including tax, etc… Car business is slow now you are in a strong position to make a good deal… The secret to winning is always remember you can walk away and shop another day or buy from another dealer… Take a hard look at the Toyota Highlander it is the same car and a good bit cheaper… I will get off my soap box now and good luck…

Most of what I've seen at Lexus dealers are off-lease turn-ins. One we looked at was Certified Pre-Owned (CPO). Numerous paint chip repairs and the 2 of the left headlight brackets were broken in 2 and this was after going through their 161 point inspection. Truly disappointing. I'm quite certain the added 3yr up to 100,000 mile warranty would not have covered this broken headlight. Upon pointing it out they said oh yeah it's a broken clip and it's on order. They were more than happy to sell it to me without pointing that out. My take-away is regardless of where you buy it always remember "Buyer beware".