Hot Air Blows Out From Dash In My 1991 Ls 400

toymig

Does anybody know why hot air blows out from the dash of a 1991 LS 400 even though the heater is not on, if so can you let me know how to fix it.

NOTE: I have been told that I might need to reset the AC breakers (done and still blows hot air). Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

ToyMig

• 2 weeks later...

check the big rubber seal strip that goes across the rear of the engine bay just in front of your wipers. It seals the under hood area from expelling hot and oily air from under the hood getting sucked up into your fresh air inlets. It seals up against the rear of the hood when it is closed down. Mine was completely missing- likely left out after a previous accident repair. the faster you go the less hot air makes it into you vents. Dont take this as a reason to speed though! Just check your rubber strip and replace if missing or broken in places. Lift the hood up to inspect it. Good luck. it cost me 100 bucks in australia and i fitted it myself in 10 minutes, no tools required.

cheers

when i first got my car it did the same. didn't notice since i bought in winter (actually was kinda nice) when summer came I got a steady stream of hot air. when i changed the spark plugs, wires, caps and rotors the issue was fixed.