Bridgestone Dueler H/l Alenza Vs Michelin Mxv4 S8

Tracy Lowery

The Alenza wins hands down. It comes new with 12/32 of tread while the Michelin comes new with only 9/32 of tread. The Alenza comes with a 65,000-mile treadwear warranty while the Michelin has no treadwear warranty. The Alenza is a great wet weather tire while the Michelin is average at best. The Alenza is usually less expensive than the Michelin, especially if you can catch a sale. And finally, the Alenza is designed and built for SUVs and crossovers while the Michelin is designed and built for sedans....

The Alenza is the only Bridgestone tire to consider, though. The other Bridgestone tires in the Dueler series range from average to lousy....

Go to tirerack.com and check out what other owners have to say about the Alenzas as well as the Michelins....

I totally agree. I put the Alenzas on my 2004 last spring, and they hold the road like glue, wet or dry. Noise is about the same as the factory tires, but I like these better, and my wife doesn't even have to think about whether she'll have traction in any situation - she just does.

I paid about $200/tire to get them on the car (for the 18 inch), with all the ups and extras on it.

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys, New here just trying to get some user reviews Please

Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza vs Michelin MXV4 S8 (235/55/18) Both For 2005 RX 330

I can't testify to the Alenzas, but we put the Michelins MXV4 S8 on our 2005 RX330 after wearing out the OEM Eagles in only 18,000 miles. We immediately noticed a big decrease in noise (I could use the handsfree phone at 80 MPH + without issue, whereas with the Eagles it was too noisy above 65 MPH to use it effectively).

We're at 38,000 miles now, and the Michelins don't appear to be wearing appreciably (we rotate them about every 5,000 miles, and get the front end aligned once a year - it seems to get out of whack easily). Dry and wet grip seem to be better than the Eagles, but quite frankly, this is not our "performance" car that we drive for fun (we have something else for that), and the VSC cuts in so early, I can't swear how they handle at the limits.

So, bottom line is, we're VERY happy with the Michelins, and have never had a bad set on any car. I will certainly concede they will cost you more than the Alenzas. But given that you have them for a few years, that rarely is the deciding factor for me.

Anecdotal evidence, I know, but there you have it.

• 1 month later...

I put Bridgestone Dueler Alenza on my RX300 and love them. They perform much better than

the stock tires the RX300 came with. Highly recommend them. I was part of a test

team that drove the Michelins vs the Duelers and the Duelers won hands down.

We put a set of the Bstone Alenzas on our 2003 Yukon and just love them. They are great in dry, wet and even light snow. I would definately buy them again. Our '04 RX330 has the Michelins and I can't really complain about them. They were new when we bought the vehicle and 15k later they still look like there is a lot of treadlife left. I guess when it comes time to replace the Michelins I'll more than likely go back to the Bstones.

I have the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza on my RX. I am happy with them. I was going to go with the Michelin's but most of the post on here convinced me to go with the Alenza's! Had them less than 1,000 miles but they offer a great ride!

There's no question that the Bridgestone Alenza is head-and-shoulders better in an SUV or truck application compared to the Michelin MXV4 S8. The Alenza has 25% more tread depth when new, much better wet grip, a 65,000-mile treadwear warranty, and it's less expensive. Absolutely no reason to buy the Michelins in this application....

But be aware that the Alenza is the ONLY Bridgestone Dueler series tire that is worth purchasing for your SUV. The other non-Alenza Bridgestone Duelers range from barely average to truly lousy. I know - I had them on my wife's previous 2000 RX300 AWD and even with proper rotation and inflation, they never made it to 45,000 miles and got pretty untrustworthy on wet pavement by 40,000 miles. Of course, they didn't have a treadwear warranty, either. Bridgestone knew they were marginal tires with lousy light-snow grip so the warranty was very weak....

Bottom line - the Alenza is the ONLY Bridgestone SUV tire to consider if you're going to go with the Bridgestone brand. The Firestone Destination LE tire is almost as good as the Alenza at about half the cost if you have 16-inch or 17-inch rims. But if you have 18-inch rims, you won't be able to find a Destination LE tire to fit them. I've had two sets of Destination LE tires (one set on a 2000 RX300 and one set on a 2000 Grand Cherokee, both with 16-inch rims) and both of those sets did or will do more than 50,000 miles while remaining safe in wet weather or light snow before needing to be replaced....