Power Windows

DJPiner

Hi all, I have a 2003 ES300 and both rear windows stopped working at the same time. I can depress either button(s) and hear a faint clicking noise but it's as if both widows are stuck. Could both motors fail at the same time? I checked all the fuses the owners manual said and still nothing. Need help.

That's the first thing I checked. It's strange, I've never seen two windows stop working at the same time. I makes me think it's a fuse but then again when you depress the control buttons you hear a clicking noise as if there is power getting to the window. If anyone has any ideas please help. Thanks,

Hi all, I have a 2003 ES300 and both rear windows stopped working at the same time. I can depress either button(s) and hear a faint clicking noise but it's as if both widows are stuck. Could both motors fail at the same time? I checked all the fuses the owners manual said and still nothing. Need help.

I would try looking a the master switch on the drivers door. It may be creating a short. :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

With the engine running, apply a shock to the door by opening and closing the door, while pressing the power window switch in the down direction and check the power window operation.

1. Turn the engine on.

2. Hold the power window switch in the down position, open and close the door 4 times.

If windows work, install the cushion on the window as per TSB EL010-06 (ask your dealer for a copy of this TSB)

If window do not work, loosen the regulator mounting bolts slightly and press the power window switch in the down direction. If windows work, install cushion as mentioned above. Othrewise, refer to repair manual for further diagnosis on regulator.