Avic D3

kimkylejay

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's much better Mr. Peektures. LOL!!!!!!

900 bucks is gettin good!!!! I didn't see the free back up camera deal, A local sound shop here was offering free Boyo cameras and I heard they had alot problems ( very cheap make) and ended up discounting installs instead. I checked the accessories crutchfield has for the AVIC, and if it's any of the cameras they have listed then thats an awsome deal!!! Wholesale I paid like 590 for mine. So if you add the camera to it, then your only fifty to a hundred bucks more for full retail. I'd take that deal all day long.

Yeah that's much better Mr. Peektures. LOL!!!!!!

900 bucks is gettin good!!!! I didn't see the free back up camera deal, A local sound shop here was offering free Boyo cameras and I heard they had alot problems ( very cheap make) and ended up discounting installs instead. I checked the accessories crutchfield has for the AVIC, and if it's any of the cameras they have listed then thats an awsome deal!!! Wholesale I paid like 590 for mine. So if you add the camera to it, then your only fifty to a hundred bucks more for full retail. I'd take that deal all day long.

i think it was boyo for the free one.... so who knows!!! did you find those torque specs for me yet?

ok this doesnt really help im trying to hook the line output convertor from the factory amp and i need the rear left and right wires i know what they are i thnk but i dont know which one is + or - i have it hooked up right now and its really week compared to what it was in a different car by far no comparision

so ive wired it up two diferent ways now first time it worked but it was very week second time alot better than before but even with volume turned down down bass was still going but it was still week compared to other car. So theres two plugs in my factory amp small and a big plug. I should be tapping into the bigger plugg right? And if so I should tap into the rear woofer wires instead of the speaker because the amp is just going to be powering lows? and if you have any other words of advice hit me with it. this has been the hardest car to hook up a couple wires.

Okay, you have to tell me what you have done so far. Trhe Lexus stereo system isn't compatable with most aftermarket units. The stock stereo runs on a 2 ohms, where most aftermarkets run on 4 ohm. Also the amp has a 6 volt trigger and won't kick on with a 12 volt signal like most after market head units send.

So what have you replaced? and what are you keeping stock?

keeping the stock radio speakers amp and such. Just adding in a perifial speaker to rca convertor so that I can add an aftermarket amp and sub. Power wire is ran rcas are ran remote is ran. Amp turns on fine. Just not getting any type of even desent sound quality out of the sub. Hooked it up two different ways once off of the bigger plugs stock amp and once off the smaller plug of the amp.

heyoceanfloor, The metra can work but you have to alter the wiring.

well i went on 'vacation' to albuquerque this week and while i was gone, it came in!

i haven't ordered any of the other stuff yet though.. so at least i didn't make a mistake haha. i found out my sister's boyfriend manages a local car audio place so i may get hookups there if they've got the right stuff.. otherwise i might ask about the altered wiring

thanks for all the info!

and buy it flop!! doooo it doooo it!

heyoceanfloor, The metra can work but you have to alter the wiring.

well i went on 'vacation' to albuquerque this week and while i was gone, it came in!

i haven't ordered any of the other stuff yet though.. so at least i didn't make a mistake haha. i found out my sister's boyfriend manages a local car audio place so i may get hookups there if they've got the right stuff.. otherwise i might ask about the altered wiring

thanks for all the info!

and buy it flop!! doooo it doooo it!

....after January i will... don't worry...... you make sure you document your install!!!! so i can follow it!!! ...but you know if you don't i'll just ask someone that's you know..... real "smooth"..... lol..... about it..... hahahahahhahaha...... but don't worry sir...... soon enough will i buy one..... i have to fix my new header and catback install right now... with some sims and stuff.... so yea..... my brain is preoccupied with CEL crap right now...... lol... but soon!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to interrupt but i couldn't send messages to smooth1.

to smooth1: do you think your friend can help me out with the TYTO01 harness? i can't buy it from circuit city b/c it's sold out and the ones on ebay is so expensive. I kinda need it for my lexus IS300 '02 which i just bought the avic z2 for. if your friend can't get it then do you know where i can get it? thanks alot.

Yeah man, PM me your info and I'll talk to him this week. I'll see if I can hook you up directly, or if you just need the harness, whatever it costs me is what it will cost you plus shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed it a few weeks ago, and it's all in and working beautifully. Now I'm saving up to get an I-pod and an adaptor for it. And yeah, I just had to set that as the background for you guys :lol:

P1010071.jpg

P1010072.jpg

I also installed two ten inch pioneer subs with an audiobahn 400w amp in the trunk (shh shh I know it's messy, I'm gonna build a pretty box setup later):

P1010102.jpg

and then just a few peektures i took after i washed it just cuz:

P1010078.jpg

P1010069.jpg

Yo man, lookin good !!!!!! Daaaammmnnnn,,,,,He's high stylin now!!

So, was I right about the avic or what? Wait until you get the ipod interface. Dude, that's all I listen to anymore. I don't know how I ever lived without it before. You can get those for like 20 bucks all over now.

I bought an Ipod video and an Ipod today! mannn I love the avic no doubt about it! I went to a friend's party this weekend (who's kindof a car audio fanatic) and he couldn't get over how "*BLEEP*ing sick" my avic is.

I'm having a little alternator noise issue however... I was having it before, so I grounded the AVIC ground wire and what I believe is the stock amp ground wire directly to the negative battery terminal, but the noise got worse for some reason. So I'm not sure what the dealio is, I'm gonna do some research I guess? Does the stock amp in an '01 have its own ground that I may not have touched? I didn't do anything with the stock amp itself, just the wiring to and from it using the TYT0O1 interface harness and some wire jerry-rigging.

Is it a solid vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv sound that goes up with the revs or is it a pulsing sound that pulses faster with the revs?

a solid vvvvVVVVVVEEEEEE!! haha

it got a little worse when I installed the subwoofer in the back, I'm thinking because I'm drawing a little more power from the car? When I move the sideview mirror motors the noise gets worse too. I'm surprised the noise got worse than it was before now that I grounded it to the negative battery terminal as opposed to the bolts inside and behind the stereo spot.

yeah, you gotta bad ground somewhere or you have an exposed connection. Could be off the head, or the amp. Did you run a power line from the battery or jump off another one?

I ran a line directly from the battery through the firewall hole and up into the stereo compartment.

I only know basics of this stuff and I just followed these instructions using the TYTO01 interface : http://www.isfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230

the two wires I grounded to the battery are these ones:

A. The power connector bundle. I used 3 different methods of connecting just for kicks.

-Connect the RED wire from the 12 pin harness of the Metra to the RED wire labeled ACC on the unit.

-Connect the YELLOW wire from the Metra to the YELLOW wire labeled +BATTERY on the unit.

-Connect the BLACK wire from the Metra to the BLACK wire labeled GROUND on the unit.

IMG_0645copy.jpg

they're the black ones that the "wire tap" is pointing to. I stripped them both, spun them together, crimped it using a connector to a bigger gauge wire, and ran that wire to the negative battery terminal. I'm a little out of my league here so I'm not sure what to ask :(

I meant your amps. I think the noise is coming in there. Either the stock amp or the aftermarket one your running. Did you install them or were they installed by someone else? You need a pretty hefty line off the battery for all that power. I can show your a pic of mine later.