Blue Tooth Microphone Fix

Cookeze

On my 2005 GX, the Bluetooth microphone makes voices sound weak and far away. This makes it difficult for the speaker to be understood. My Corvette's hands-free is clear as a bell. Is this problem unique to the older GX's? Is there any kind of fix?

Does anyone else experience this? Could it just be a problem with my car?

it might be ur fone...but there is a service menu u can acess(only meant for dealers to use) there is a bluetooth adjustment menu in it.....if u wan let me know and i can tell u how to access it and u can mess around with it...but becareful there is an option in there that would lock ur whole system if u touch.....

let me know

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem and found these instructions posted on a Lexus IS forum:

"first hold the "info" button (I did it for about 5 secs) then switch your parking light switch from off-to parking lights-repeatedly while still holding the info button....it takes about 5-6 cycles...an poof the NAV screen enter yet another Service menu. From there I navigated to a bluetooth menu where I was able to adjust the Microphone volume higher so that people can hear me better!"

I have a 2006 GX470 and I was able to increase my microphone volume this way. I believe it is called "send voice volume" in the menu. I set it to 3 and people no longer keep saying "I can barely hear you"

Of course, this is a service menu menu so be carefull what you change.

• 1 month later...

"first hold the "info" button (I did it for about 5 secs) then switch your parking light switch from off-to parking lights-repeatedly while still holding the info button....it takes about 5-6 cycles...an poof the NAV screen enter yet another Service menu. From there I navigated to a bluetooth menu where I was able to adjust the Microphone volume higher so that people can hear me better!"

I have a 2006 GX470 and I was able to increase my microphone volume this way. I believe it is called "send voice volume" in the menu. I set it to 3 and people no longer keep saying "I can barely hear you"

I had the same problem and did your fix and it worked. The factory had the adjustment on 0 adjustment is from 0 to 5 now people can hear me talikng on the bluetooth better. Thanks

Bob

• 6 months later...

It's probably better to ask a question about the SC430 on the SC430 forum.

Regardless, the only thread I can find about adjusting the microphone volume on an SC430 is on another forum: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-430/191...ree-volume.html

Use caution -- my understanding is that irreversible damage can be done by mucking with the hidden menus. Consider having a Lexus dealer do it for you.

I read that one and tried it - but my system (2005 model) must be a different one. I can't get to that menu that way. I can get to the service menu by going to volume, then upper left, lower left, upper left, lower left and then it takes me to the service menu and an option is tel voice - but when I get there it says "echo cancell (not a mispell) parameter" and the menu has a bunch of letter and numbers with no direction.

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the tips guys! My send and receive settings were both at '0'!! I saw somewhere another user said '3' was the Lexus Default for voice send, so I set it as such. For the incoming, I set it to '2'....because the '3' made the person sound too grainy. (Even if I turned down the speaker volume.)