90 Ls 400 Vibration/noise

kmpdd

I have recently acquired a 90 LS 400 with 140,000 miles. Running through the gears I hear a slight "droning" noise and feel a very slight vibration periodically through the rev band. Between 60 and 70 mph the sound and vibration is worse, but it disappears beyond 70 mph. Could this be engine or transmission mounts? Also, at highway speeds I feel a little looseness when I accelerate and let up on the throtle. Could this be a ball joint problem? How long should ball joints and mounts last anyway? The miles aren't that great, but the car is 17 years old. Any help is appreciated. thanks.

Just in case someone is interested. I finally had the dealer look at the car and I had the engine and transmission mounts replaced. The car is fantastically smooth again. Absolutely no vibration at all during idle. The car feels new again even though it is in fact 18 years old. My only concern now is a slight "droning" noise originating from the back, possibly from the rear differential?