What's Up With Ngk Or Denso Iridium Spark Plugs

What’s up everyone. I'm in the market for some spark plugs. I'm reading that by using the NGK Iridium spark plugs you gain from 5-10 horsepower? The other thing that I’m wondering is are these safe for the car?? The Dealer is charging 13 dollars per plug, that’s 104 dollars (because I have the GS400) plus tax for plugs that are the stock platinum spark plugs. I see the NGK and Denso plugs for about 80 dollars. Anyone with the Iridium Plugs or info please let me know.

Thanks

them Iridium Spark Plugs i hear are good but havent tried them yet.they have a smaller electrode then platnium and claim to out perform them because they use Iridium.time will tell!give them a shot!i dont think they can hurt your engine because they acually use less voltage but put out more power!sort of like hid does for head lights! :D

well for one thing you already have irdium plugs in your car, gs400 are stocked with that. the gs300 are stock with platium. i know this cuz i changed this my self. and it also states that in the manual... thanks :geek:

good info!i have to pull one on mine and see!i never knew that either! ;)

• 2 months later...

From what I understand, the stock Iridium spark plugs are supposed to be replaced at 90.000 miles, vice 120,000 miles. I have been told that even though it says to "check" the plugs at 90,000 miles, they really should be replaced then.

Has anyone gone beyond 90,000 miles on the plugs, and what was the result?

GSEREP1