120k Mile Maintenance

chadmg7

My car is near the 120,000 mile mark. Should I follow Lexus' recommended maintenance for the 120k or is there a place I can find what I should actually do? Thanks!

Why do you think that what you "should actually do" is different from the maintenance requirements documented in your owner or maintenance manual?

My car is near the 120,000 mile mark. Should I follow Lexus' recommended maintenance for the 120k or is there a place I can find what I should actually do? Thanks!

Why do you think that what you "should actually do" is different from the maintenance requirements documented in your owner or maintenance manual?

Because what auto manufacturers suggest is often unnecessary to actually do. That's why. Do you mean to tell me that you follow Lexus' recommendations for maintenance to the T? I doubt there are many who actually have the time/money to do this.

depends on waht was done in the past.

I did the 90k maintenance right around 90,000 miles. Water pump and power steering pump have not been replaced, but the dealership says they do not need to be replaced yet... they're just "seeping." Timing belt was replaced at 90k. Tranny fluid was done last year around April, I believe. Rack-and-pinion was replaced about 2 years ago, if I recall.

As another member questioned, why would I want to "stray" from Lexus' recommendations? Because I want to know what needs to be done versus what would be nice to do. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars if I don't need to. I'd like to replace/maintain the items that are most important.

depends on waht was done in the past.

I did the 90k maintenance right around 90,000 miles. Water pump and power steering pump have not been replaced, but the dealership says they do not need to be replaced yet... they're just "seeping." Timing belt was replaced at 90k. Tranny fluid was done last year around April, I believe. Rack-and-pinion was replaced about 2 years ago, if I recall.

As another member questioned, why would I want to "stray" from Lexus' recommendations? Because I want to know what needs to be done versus what would be nice to do. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars if I don't need to. I'd like to replace/maintain the items that are most important.

Most is the normal stuff. Water pump I would do at next timing belt. But what does seeping mean? Are they leaking?

Most times the maintenance is a ripoff and if you know how to use a wrench, do it yourself.

How about plugs, wires, antifreeze, hoses, cabin filter, brakes, tires, battery?