How To Wax A Car Properly ?

Jesus954

Hi well i own a blk onyx IS and it is a pain to keep it clean specially if it rains it leaves alot of water spots and it looks horrible so everyone is telling me to wax the car and use clay bars soo i got this ...

http://www.cleanacar.com/g1smsuclkit.html

in order to use the clay bar i have to wash the car n dry it like always right? than what i wanna know is how to apply the clay thing and if i am gona wax it do i do that after or before the clay bar?

Hi well i own a blk onyx IS and it is a pain to keep it clean specially if it rains it leaves alot of water spots and it looks horrible so everyone is telling me to wax the car and use clay bars soo i got this ...

in order to use the clay bar i have to wash the car n dry it like always right? than what i wanna know is how to apply the clay thing and if i am gona wax it do i do that after or before the clay bar?

First wash your car with Dawn or similar diswashing detergent to remove any old wax.

Now, nextthing to do is wash with a good carwash using a good Microfiber, Chenile or Lanswool mitt. Use two buckets, one with soapy water and one with clean for rinsing the mitt after each pass. Wash in straight lines only, never touch the paint in circles. Wash from the top down then do the wheels last as that is where the most grime is, you don't want to drag that up onto the paint. If its hot rinse each panel after washing it. Dont forget to scrub the wheel wells!

Next if you have the clay, clay now. Resoap each panel, clay, rinse until the whole car and the windows are done.

Now dry the car using your MF towels, use two towels again in straight lines until the car is dry.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=9362

If your gonna clay bar your car, make sure you keep the surface lubricated with the quick detailer and only do a small section at a time.

Because you have black paint I would consider a polish before waxing it. And if your gonna use carnuba wax,please, don't waste your time with Maquires wax. even the Gold Class stuff. get Zaino, or Classe, or even Griots wax is really good stuff. Trust me. I was a big Maquires fan until I learned the truth about waxes and car detailing.

If your gonna clay bar your car, make sure you keep the surface lubricated with the quick detailer and only do a small section at a time.

Because you have black paint I would consider a polish before waxing it. And if your gonna use carnuba wax,please, don't waste your time with Maquires wax. even the Gold Class stuff. get Zaino, or Classe, or even Griots wax is really good stuff. Trust me. I was a big Maquires fan until I learned the truth about waxes and car detailing.

SO marquiers wax aint good at all??? is there bad concequences if u do use it or it just doesnt make the car loko nice or anything minor like that?

Maguires is a "commercial shelf" wax. I used to use it all the time. But one day i ttok the wifes Volvo in to give it the Auto Butler. And when I got it back, it felt way better than after a whole day cleaning, clay baring and waxing the Lexus. I was perplexed to say the least. So I investigated. To sum it up, go here: http://www.ffcobra.com/magazine/waxtest.html . It's not the only place I got my info from, but if you read all the steps of the comparisons, you'll see what I mean. I agree with them.

Oh, I put Zaino in my post, but I think PS21, and Zymol are both much better and easier to work with, and are real carnuba waxes.

Step by step, detailed instruction for everything you need to to know: Prep, wash, detail, inside and out, products, applicators etc.

http://autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/

SO marquiers wax aint good at all??? is there bad concequences if u do use it or it just doesnt make the car loko nice or anything minor like that?

If you use Mequiar's and drive in the rain, your car may totally collapse and fall into a heap right in the middle of the road. :censored: :chairshot:

If you use Mequiar's and drive in the rain, your car may totally collapse and fall into a heap right in the middle of the road. :censored: :chairshot:

516.gif

Maguires is a "commercial shelf" wax. I used to use it all the time. But one day i ttok the wifes Volvo in to give it the Auto Butler. And when I got it back, it felt way better than after a whole day cleaning, clay baring and waxing the Lexus. I was perplexed to say the least. So I investigated. To sum it up, go here: http://www.ffcobra.com/magazine/waxtest.html . It's not the only place I got my info from, but if you read all the steps of the comparisons, you'll see what I mean. I agree with them.

Oh, I put Zaino in my post, but I think PS21, and Zymol are both much better and easier to work with, and are real carnuba waxes.

What about Maguires swirl and scratch remover for black onyx paint. I bought some but haven't used it yet.

Thanks

What about Maguires swirl and scratch remover for black onyx paint. I bought some but haven't used it yet.

Thanks

Do you have swirls and scratches on the car? They have some polishes that are just for black cars. I would look into that first. The swirl and scratch remover only works for a short period of time. Usually the first wash or rain storm and they all come back. You might want to look into Zaino. I think your a Ziano person. LOL!!!!

• 5 months later...

Thanks

Do you have swirls and scratches on the car? They have some polishes that are just for black cars. I would look into that first. The swirl and scratch remover only works for a short period of time. Usually the first wash or rain storm and they all come back. You might want to look into Zaino. I think your a Ziano person. LOL!!!!

whao, i stumbled upon this site for is300's because for some reason my.is is down, but glad i found it..im just about to wash, polish, wax my onyx is300 as well, BUT i bought "Turtle Wax Ice Products", i'm really regretting it now..i never hear of it anywhere on my.is or LOC, is it good that i haven't opened it YET, but i did open the car wash soap, to give my car a quick wash, havnt gotten the time to detail, polish, etc, but that was a week ago...i still have clay bar, spray detailer and the liquid polish, even tho i donno the order to do it in..i assume its wash, clay, wash, polish, then detailer? anyone? im not to good i never detailed m car b4 only wash it every week or 2...and im getting circles so im finally going to get rid of it! oh and whats this talk about getting rid of OLD wax? with dawn or other washing soap, whats the reason behind that? i never knew i alway used car washing soap, like ICE, but hey always leanring everyday..anyone help me out..and i would return Ice, just say the word =) i've been googling and ICE seems to get good feedback and some dont..lik 50/50, i was wondering a product that has full 100% good status.."zymol recommended by friend, but its 50 a bottle) wow but i heard that the best of the best wax...but if i do go through with ICE, whats the order i should do it in considering i have 4 of their products

this is my first post.! i'll enjoy my stay here and on my.is! i love my is300!