Whats Your Fav Upgrade

1slicksc

I was gonna get 19" wheels but I heard the low profile tires that you have to use make for a rougher ride, so I am goin for 18"s. I suggest a body kit and a BFI or short ram, lower it an inch or so, go for a chrome grill, and some dark tinted windows are pretty sweet for that "mysterious driver" bid.

man, i would love to make some improvements to my sc400. it seems like there is something holding back the engine from accelerating in first and second gears. my friends and i looked under the car and were concerned with the design of the exhaust system. what chnages to the car can i make to get the extra hp i need for faster acceleration, and if it is the exhaust system, what do i do to change it?

ps. any autocross tips for the sc400?

• 3 years later...

Heres my first nubee mod, and it has three upsides, 1. ~60$ so it is fairly cheap. 2. effective, they say this is the quickest best bolt on starter mod, possibly up to 10% increase in Hp done right. 3. It is fairly easy, a 10mm socket, a common drill (to drill some holes), and a K&N high flow airfilter. Take it apart, drill some holes ~1/2 to 3/4 of an inch to let more air in on the dirty side of the filter, put it all back together and what do you have? A barebones but functional modified cool air induction kit. mine works great. Exhaust obvisously important too, that maybe next or the one after that. But thats more work and more $$$

• 3 weeks later...

xoom04 - get a PI dragon torque converter with a 3200 stall, you love yourself after that mod.

OneHotLexus - eibachs are good, but i would go with TT stock suspension. better than what you have and was told it handles very nice and does drop the car a bit. cheaper too when bought used.

1slicksc - for you sir, i wouldnt go noob on this, try and save some cash and go boosted. its the best feeling in my opinion. for under $3000 you will be a very happy man.