Lock/unlock Door Buzzer/beep

i had 20 % tint put all round my 2nd gen is250 today....when i left, i stopped by to get some gas, and i noticed that when i uock the car with the key fob, it seems to lock, but the light do not flash and there is no beep. when i unlock it however, the light flashes twice(as it says in the manual) and it also beeps. i think the setting has been changed probably during installation of the tint...i'm guessing the guy who installed the tint, probably left the car running or something i dont know....does anyone know how i can change the settings back to where the light flashes when i lock the car with the key fob so i know the car is locked and secure, i hate to have to physically check the doors....any help is appreciated. thanks!!!

i had 20 % tint put all round my 2nd gen is250 today....when i left, i stopped by to get some gas, and i noticed that when i uock the car with the key fob, it seems to lock, but the light do not flash and there is no beep. when i unlock it however, the light flashes twice(as it says in the manual) and it also beeps. i think the setting has been changed probably during installation of the tint...i'm guessing the guy who installed the tint, probably left the car running or something i dont know....does anyone know how i can change the settings back to where the light flashes when i lock the car with the key fob so i know the car is locked and secure, i hate to have to physically check the doors....any help is appreciated. thanks!!!

so i played with it a little more, and i found out that the driverside door is not locking. it makes sense to me now that the light dont flash, and the buzzer doesnt sound because the drivers side door is not locked, and the car is not secure....i dont know what to do...my car is sitting out there in the parking lot unlocked....some one please help

usually you can reset the fob by holding the unlock and lock keys in for a period of time.. ie. 2 mins. This was the case on a few of my north american cars's key fobs that would stop locking and unlocking all together. You could also try changing the battery perhaps.

Can you not lock the driver's door while open before you close the door?

so i played with it a little more, and i found out that the driverside door is not locking. it makes sense to me now that the light dont flash, and the buzzer doesnt sound because the drivers side door is not locked, and the car is not secure....i dont know what to do...my car is sitting out there in the parking lot unlocked....some one please help

While holding the door open, lock the doors with the switch on the driver's armrest. Then close the door. It should stay locked.

If you're going to test to see if it's locked, leave the keyfob away from the car so it doesn't unlock automatically.

usually you can reset the fob by holding the unlock and lock keys in for a period of time.. ie. 2 mins. This was the case on a few of my north american cars's key fobs that would stop locking and unlocking all together. You could also try changing the battery perhaps.

Can you not lock the driver's door while open before you close the door?

i tried that, and it still wont work, as far as changing the battery, i tried using the other key fob i had that came with the car...same result....thanks for your help though...i really appreciate it

While holding the door open, lock the doors with the switch on the driver's armrest. Then close the door. It should stay locked.

If you're going to test to see if it's locked, leave the keyfob away from the car so it doesn't unlock automatically.

i did that, i left the key up in my apartment, and locked the door with the switch on the drivers armrest. when i tried to open it again, t open from the outside as if i never locked it..all the other doors where securely locked

Will it lock by pushing the button on the outside door handle?

Will it lock with the manual lock? Like lock it sitting in passenger seat and get out the passenger door.

Or try to lock it with the steel key from outside.

it wont lock by pushing the button on outside door handle. using manual lock doesnt lock it either..when i sit in the passenger seat and get out from there to try to check if the drivers side is locked, i just open the door like it was never locked. i havent tried the mechanical key. thanks for all your help!!!

Will it lock with the manual lock? Like lock it sitting in passenger seat and get out the passenger door.

it wont lock by pushing the button on outside door handle. using manual lock doesnt lock it either..when i sit in the passenger seat and get out from there to try to check if the drivers side is locked, i just open the door like it was never locked. i havent tried the mechanical key. thanks for all your help!!!

Is your 2nd key inside the car somewhere? The car wont lock with the key in it.

Is your 2nd key inside the car somewhere? The car wont lock with the key in it.

the 2nd key is up in my house. i made sure it wasnt anywhere near the car.

Hey i noticed something, when i walk to the drivers side with the keys in my pocket, the lights dont come on( they usually do) but when i walk to the drivers side, as i approach with the kesy in my pocket, the light com eon. looks like theresome electrical stuff going on in that drivers side

Hey i noticed something, when i walk to the drivers side with the keys in my pocket, the lights dont come on( they usually do) but when i walk to the drivers side, as i approach with the kesy in my pocket, the light com eon. looks like theresome electrical stuff going on in that drivers side

so i got it fixed this morning...turns out the guys who put on the tint...didnt put the latch back properly. everything works now. thank you all for your help

• 11 years later...
  • 1 year later...

So my issue with my used is 350 06 is that I just got it and I seem to be having issues. Initially I got an issue with the car starting. I got it fixed and subsequently my car won’t lock but only unlock only with the key fob but if the car was on and I pressed the unlock button or lock button, the car goes off. 

however, I got it fixed and now the issue is my car won’t beep when I lock or unlock. Once I press the unlock on the key fob, it takes a couple of seconds before it unlocks it is not instant. 

it is now worse that once I put my car off park, it doesn’t lock again  

please Is there a way to reset the whole program Cz the repairer says it will reset over time  

even the DRL lights don’t come on again