Is250 Traction Control "hack/cheat" - **must See For All Is2

Hey guys,

If any of you have tried turning the traction control off, I'm sure you guys have noticed that it never truly turns off... For those of you that haven't seen this already there's a cheatcode you can perform on your IS250 to completely disable the annoying stabilization electronics on the car except for the ABS. For those of you that haven't heard of this yet you can thank me when you're on the track =) This video is brought to you by GT Channel and Best Motoring, so let me know what you guys think!

NOTE OF CAUTION: When you truly turn off the traction control watch how you drive on the road =)

Lexus IS250 Traction Control Hack

• 4 weeks later...

Just went and tried that on my is250, didn't work. Does the e brake have to be on the down or the up, when you are going to push the brake again 3 time. When they are talking about the little button "turn that off" is it talking about the TC or the engine off?

I just tried my IS250 MT and after trying different combinations I got it to work. The successful combo is a follows:

1. Start engine with emergency hand brake on (in up position).

2. Press the foot brake twice and hold

3. Release the hand brake to the full down position and pull up ( do this twice leaving the hand brake in the up position)

4. Press the foot brake twice again

5. The traction light should come on indicating it is turned off.

I've done it on my '06. I got the hack off of this site a while back. Try searching for it. I think I remember it though.

-Start with E brake off

-Start engine

-Depress E brake, and leave engaged

-Press the brake twice and hold it down on the second time

-Release the E brake

-Depress E brake, Release, Depress and leave engaged

-Release brake

-Depress brake twice

(You should now see the traction control light illuminate, except this time it won't go off when you get to 15 mph)

Have Fun! The car is a different beast with the VDIM disengaged. When you restart your car, the system will be started again. You have to do this everytime you want to turn it off.

I could not get this to work on my 06 IS 350. Has anyone had success with an 06?