Sirius/audiovox Srs In A Gs300

I am considering installing the Audiovox SRS Sirius satellite radio in a 2003 GS300. The unit looks like this:

sirck1x.jpg

The nice thing about this unit is that a FM modulator and antenna is built into the cradle, so you don't need to disassemble the dash to connect it in-line with the radio antenna. Since this vehicle will be leased, that's a definite plus.

I won't be using that crazy pedestal mount; it disconnects easily from the rear of the cradle.

I was considering trying to mount the bottom of the cradle in the "tray" area in front of the ashtray, so the display is facing out towards the shifter. Problem is, I don't have the car yet, and I don't know if it will fit. The dimensions of the unit (cradle with the radio installed) are approximately 5.25"W x 3.7" H x 3"D (without the pedestal of course).

Can someone with a same generation GS300 tell me if this might fit? I will never use the ashtray and would prefer not to premanently remove it.