2003 Ls430, Programming The Little Options

Jerry Bransford

We just acquired a like-new 2003 LS430, after loving the 1992 LS400 we owned for 131,000 problem-free miles. However, I would appreciate knowing the factory's "secret" programming steps, or at least as many of them as possible.

For example; we did not know, until my wife had her keys accidentally locked inside, that closing the trunk automatically locked the car doors! :censored: So the dealer re-programmed it for us so it waits a minute before doing that. Great, but I don't want to have to drive 30 miles to our dealer for little simple things like that.

But being the handy guy I am around cars, I would like to know how to program such things. Heck even our Jeep Grand Cherokee allows us to program most everything from its overhead console, I would like to do the same thing to our new LS430.

Any links to how to modify its settings for everything from beeping when we lock the doors to how long the lights stay on after shutting the igntion off would be very much (!!) appreciated.

Thank you all very much in advance.

Unfortunately without the Lexus scan tool theres nothing you can do. The LPS settings aren't user-selectable and the scan tool would cost you thousands.

Just download the settings, mark up what you want done, and have the dealer do it all at once.

Unfortunately without the Lexus scan tool theres nothing you can do. The LPS settings aren't user-selectable and the scan tool would cost you thousands.

Just download the settings, mark up what you want done, and have the dealer do it all at once.

Thanks for that information. I thought I had read some of the minor options could be set without the scan tool, that's not true at all?

• 4 weeks later...

Where can I download the settings options? Just bought a certified 430 and unlike my 400H the options sheet was not in it

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

since i have the factory scan tool i can do them myself. i just picked up a 2004 ls and there are 17 systems that can be customized. a lot of fun to play around with. the 1st thing i always change is the stupid "2 click" to open all door setting. i understand its for safety and all, but i want all 4 doors open when i hit the button.

since i have the factory scan tool i can do them myself. i just picked up a 2004 ls and there are 17 systems that can be customized. a lot of fun to play around with. the 1st thing i always change is the stupid "2 click" to open all door setting. i understand its for safety and all, but i want all 4 doors open when i hit the button.
What does a scan tool that will do that cost? Maybe you could make some $$$ renting yours if they're too expensive to buy lol.