Car Of The Month

Rya

Well, i don't know if my car will be ready for nomination qualification, so I nominate Flop 170's IS 300. That kid has put alot of sweat into his car in a very short time and took on some mods he's never done before. I showed him how to work with fiberglass and he jumped right in and did a great job. He's not a Gold Member though, does that matter?

He's not a Gold Member though, does that matter?

No fortune & glory if you can't see your own ride winning CoTM in the Gold Forum. However - I agree. He really has done alot and taken on some HUGE projects - I've seen the posts between you both. You've really been a great mentor to him. :D

No fortune & glory if you can't see your own ride winning CoTM in the Gold Forum. However - I agree. He really has done alot and taken on some HUGE projects - I've seen the posts between you both. You've really been a great mentor to him. :D

577.gif you were lookin?

He did all the work. I was just a voice.

Maybe we could get a moderator to pin it to the top of thier " Home" forum? Like if they own an RX then it would be posted there for one month. The title would say " Car of the Month" and under the description could be their board name and auto they drive.

I vote Rya heads it up and makes it all happen along with a Moderator like Bartkat.

Just throwing up ideas. anyone else? :unsure:

577.gif you were lookin?

He did all the work. I was just a voice.

Maybe we could get a moderator to pin it to the top of thier " Home" forum? Like if they own an RX then it would be posted there for one month. The title would say " Car of the Month" and under the description could be their board name and auto they drive.

I vote Rya heads it up and makes it all happen along with a Moderator like Bartkat.

Just throwing up ideas. anyone else? :unsure:

We could form a voting board consisting of say 3 to 5 gold members. We would meet here and put up our nominations. When it was decided then that forum would get the banner. Yeah, maybe a banner where they put some of those useless adds instead????

We could form a voting board consisting of say 3 to 5 gold members. We would meet here and put up our nominations. When it was decided then that forum would get the banner. Yeah, maybe a banner where they put some of those useless adds instead????

Great ideas!!

• 1 month later...
okay, we need a moderator or management person to ok this I think. I'll send them a message.

Sorry guys. I completely flaked on this. No time to do anything except work, homework, read, repeat!

• 1 month later...
We need to nominate cars and then people should vote and then the winner announced no? Or is that what you were planning?

Ummmmm, so far it's been you & me in this thread (for the most part). Do you want to take this to General discussions to get some more involvement??

Yeah, I think that is the fairest way don't you? But we should have the format all squared away so you can explain how to enroll, the rules, and how they are judged, who does the judging, and all that. I will work on it with you if you want. And then we can just get it approved and put up as a sticky. But, it's a commitment, so I guess you'll need to make sure you wanna do this for real first.

• 2 weeks later...

Crap... the whole long reply that I wrote this morning apparently didn't make it. So... take two:

First - sorry it took me so long to reply. Here are my suggestions, but please add your thoughts.

I'm thinking of keeping it simple to start with, a' la, your Fugliest car thread.

Requirements:

Vehicles must be Lexus

Nominees must be LOC members

Voting can be done once per LOC member (if it grows to be unmanageable, a voting committee can be installed) We can share this responsibility.

Mods are not required - open to all Lexus vehicles

Post a new thread on the 1st of each month - Nominations are now being accepted for "months" Car of the Month....

Nominations can be submitted until the 15th of each month

Voting will take place between the 16th - 20th of each month

One of us will notify the winner by the 25th of the month. Winners will be asked to submit photos & vehicle details (a car bio of sorts)

Once we're up & running, the winner for the month will be posted on the 1st - their own thread so people can oooo & ahhh over their car (as well as the next post for the next month nominations)

You & I will be January's winners as we're co-chairs of this project

Let me know what your thoughts are on the logistics. Hope you had a great Christmas!

J~

Vehicles must be Lexus

Agreed

Nominees must be LOC members

agreed

Voting can be done once per LOC member (if it grows to be unmanageable, a voting committee can be installed) We can share this responsibility.

they should pm votes to one person for tallying and tracking. Also so they can vote annonimously. ( Oh how ever you spell that!!) LOL!!

Mods are not required - open to all Lexus vehicles

Agreed. but then we should have some point system. in case of ties. Like all stock is worth 5 points. And each mod is worth is worth 1 point. So they would have to have 6 real mods to beat the all stock opponent.

Also, we need to limit the amount of pics they can submit. I say around 5. That way they can submit all four sides of the car and 1 interior shot.

Also, I will donate a Car of the Month plaque award to each winner. So hows that for a cookie to reach for?? LOL!!

We put this up in the General discussion forum? and notify each model subforum?

Hope you had a great Christmas

Yeah I had a great Christmas. I was surrounded by a huge family and pummeled and pounded with love and joy. LOL!!! And you? BTW, MErry Christmas, and I hope your New Year is awsome and the first step to a great year to come.

they should pm votes to one person for tallying and tracking. Also so they can vote annonimously. ( Oh how ever you spell that!!) LOL!!

Oooo - good idea! We can split up the months.

Agreed. but then we should have some point system. in case of ties. Like all stock is worth 5 points. And each mod is worth is worth 1 point. So they would have to have 6 real mods to beat the all stock opponent.

That works for me.

Also, we need to limit the amount of pics they can submit. I say around 5. That way they can submit all four sides of the car and 1 interior shot.

Sounds good

Also, I will donate a Car of the Month plaque award to each winner. So hows that for a cookie to reach for?? LOL!!

Cooolll!!! Great idea!

We put this up in the General discussion forum? and notify each model subforum?

Sure. I think we're set to draft something up & we can start posting.