Recommendations For After Market Bluetooth Phone

My mom wants to hook up a bluetooth phone in her 07 IS 250. Could go through the speakers

or got through additional speakers. She found a Lexus recommended installer that wants to put in

a Peiker/Alac BT only product-no nav or mp3 just the phone into speakers, available only wholesale and installed for 750$, which sounds like a rip off. She is not interested in the Peiker/Alac "Bluetouch" mp3/phone option. She is also not interested in Garmin or the like.

Any suggestions?

My mom wants to hook up a bluetooth phone in her 07 IS 250. Could go through the speakers

or got through additional speakers. She found a Lexus recommended installer that wants to put in

a Peiker/Alac BT only product-no nav or mp3 just the phone into speakers, available only wholesale and installed for 750$, which sounds like a rip off. She is not interested in the Peiker/Alac "Bluetouch" mp3/phone option. She is also not interested in Garmin or the like.

Any suggestions?

if all she wants is to be able to talk handsfree using bluetooth, then she can consider the Motorola or SonyEricsson car kits.

SonyEricsson: go to their website and search for HCB-400.

Motorola: search for IHF1000.

They are not cheap, but still cheaper than $750 quoted for the Peiker/Alac.

Any suggestions?

She should save $700 and get a headset.

The NY times had an article a few weeks ago about these systems (on 9/2); if you have an on line subscription (I do not), here's a link: http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.htm...DA00894DF404482