1993 Gs300

Hello people!

Yesterday when i was outside walking i came across this silver 1993 Lexus GS300 that was for sale for 4000$.

I am 19 and looking to buy my first car soon! So I called the man up and he said that it had 102,000 miles on it and the only minor problems were that the trunk wouldnt stay up when opened and that a window couldnt be opened from the drivers seat side. His wife had driven it since 94 which i guess is a good thing, right?

From what i saw the car looked good, had some chrome rimms that i dont think is original? some things were gold colored (not my cup of tea really) but i guess i could roll with that! Is that common on these models?? If the stero is original is the sound loud and good? I do hope there is a cd-player!

What do you guys think, is this a good car for a 19 year old guy?? Im not gonna buy a boring lookin old Honda! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

Future Lexus owner. Hopefully :cheers:

dude 4000$ seems like a very good price for that amount of miles. i own a 95 gs300 and i love the thing (i paid 5K for mine, but mine is a 95, with grey leather interior, and touring edition black). The only problem you'll have i think is that if it has the stock radio, there might or might not be a cd changer and even if you have it, you can't play burned cds in it. But on a good note, it comes with a factory amp and sub already installed as part of the sound system! And no, it didn't come standard with chrome rims, so be happy about that.

come on. if you're 19 usually anything with wheels will do. So if you're rollin with lexus baller status, how can you go wrong? :D

hope you get it

:cheers:

Thanks for the reply lexatlast! I looked at your profile, car looks great man!

Hahah you're right! But yea hopefully i will love it as much as you do yours!

So i had another look at it yesterday in the sun and it wasnt really "chrome" just normal silver rims, they were called American Racing something! But they looked good so im happy!

It did have the stereo and 6 disc changer.. Why wont it play burned cd's tho? that sucks! :angry:

And by the way he said that i had to take it in for the 105.000 miles service, when i reached that limit..Is that an expensive service? like 300$?

I'll post some pics if i buy it! :)

thats a great deal man but make sure you ask them if they ever replaced the timing belt on it because thats an expensive belt to replace. other than that check if the breaks need to be worked on and if the wheel bearings are fine or make noise other than that these cars are tanks. good luck.