New Car From Today

Hi I picked up my car today from my car broker, car is GREAT!

All is 100% except the car has the red triangle with the exclamation point lit up on the dash and it says check system. And in the bottom right hand corner of the dash there is the little yellow exclamation point lit up.

I checkec the manual and it says its the tire pressure or a problem with the sensors.

When I turn on the car the yellow exclamation flashes a hand full of times then it stays on.

The car was imported from FLorida (I am in montreal canada). I got it with 31 Miles on it.

Should i just put one air in the tires? or does it sound like its a problem with the sensors.

I have the 18" 5 spoke sport wheels (from Lexus) on it.

I was under the impressio that you could see what the actual pressure of the tires is?

Any insight would help thanks.

schitzo1978

One thing you can do to check the pressure, is look ing the manual. I know with 18" wheels, you should have 35 in fronts and 38 in rears, put that exact pressure in them and the tire pressure light should go out. I had this happen to me two days ago and i put the right air in them and the lights went out. if it stays on after you put the right amount of air in there, i would take it to have it looked at. or have the broker company deal with the issue. good luck

Look in the manual under tire sensor initialization. There is a provision for two sets of tires. Make sure your control is set for tire set 1 and not tire set 2. Lots of people have fiddled with this setting and had a problem till they figured that out.

The other possibility that a change in climate has affected the tire pressures enough to set the TPS off. I think it only takes 4 PSI for it to do that.

Hi,

I bought a digital tire pressure guage and checked the pressure.

They were all in the low 40's (42-43-44-45) which is wayyyy too high, i set my pressure to 35 in the front and 38 in the rear as the instruction guide says.

I checked that set 1 is selected and not set 2 (although I don't really know what this means (I havent gotten that far in the guide yet)). But the Check system indicator is still on.

I checked the guide and its the symbol that looks like this (!), when I turn on the car it first flashes about a half dozen times or so, and then stays on.

Is there any way to reset the error and see if it happends again. I am thinking that there was an error (in pressure too high), but now that I corrected it, it needs to be reset.

Alternately It could be a problem with the presure sensor althogether, but before I take it into the dealership I want to make sure that it's not something as trivial as resetting the error on the dash.

Asides from that, this car has been great.

IS250 RWD MT - with all the available bells and whistles on the MT (no navi avail).

thanks,

schitzo1978

If it was your tire pressure, the display window where the temp/gas miles/etc normally is will change to warn about the tire pressure (at least if it was low). I had a warning a few weeks ago, put some air in the tires, and it was gone instantly.

ill call u p a local dealer and have them look at it.

US car warranties are supposed to be honoured in Canada. That is the official statement by Toyota/Lexus.

Let's see how it goes.

If any of you know another reason why the CHECK SYSTEM (!) indicator would be on, please let me know.

As it stands now the only thing that I can see is that it is related to tire pressure, and as it stands now, I have fine tuned the pressure to be exactly 35 in the front and 38 at the rear.

Thanks for your help,

schitzo1978

• 1 year later...