Suggestions For Tire Replacement On 06 Gs 430

Can Anyone offer any tire brand replacements from the original stock Yoko's on the GS 430? Those tires just don't last that long, they started to cup at 14k miles. I don't need the 160-170 MPH rated tires as I probably won't be going that fast anytime soon. Also I don't need all season because I live in Florida. Thank you for any advice and help.

Can Anyone offer any tire brand replacements from the original stock Yoko's on the GS 430? Those tires just don't last that long, they started to cup at 14k miles. I don't need the 160-170 MPH rated tires as I probably won't be going that fast anytime soon. Also I don't need all season because I live in Florida. Thank you for any advice and help.

I had the run-flat tires on mine. They lasted just under 20K. I replaced them with the BF Goodrich g-Force Sport. Same size as original. They look good, perform well, and are holding up much better. A little softer ride since they are NOT run-flat tires. Reasonably priced... I think I got them at a local (Dallas) Discount Tire store.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a GS430 with factory yoko's. They lasted only about 20k. After that I figured I would upgrade the yokos to the yoko advan A10B. From the reviews at tirerack.com i figured they were going to be great. I was wrong. They are wearing fast and they have to be the noisiest tires I have ever had. I will never buy another yokohama brand in my life.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing some research on these...and for the Temp/Traction/Treadwear ratings VS. Price .... These are going to be my choice... Continental ContiExtremeContact. TireRack has them for $130 a piece. (as opposed to Yoko's A10b which are $310 a piece and from what I read..wear fast and are noisy.)

They're also listed as Ultra High Proformance ALL Season... I need the "All season" part where I live.

I've been doing some research on these...and for the Temp/Traction/Treadwear ratings VS. Price .... These are going to be my choice... Continental ContiExtremeContact. TireRack has them for $130 a piece. (as opposed to Yoko's A10b which are $310 a piece and from what I read..wear fast and are noisy.)

They're also listed as Ultra High Proformance ALL Season... I need the "All season" part where I live.

Thank you for the advice I will definately take a look at those.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have the Yokohama Run Flats and they are the loudest tires I have ever owned!

I had regular Yokohama's placed on my previous '99 GS and they were awesome!

There was minimal noise and the ride was great.

Total was about $700 at a Discount Tire Store in Austin.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Go with the Michelin PS2's. I just now put the second set on after 35,000 miles on the first set. My OEM yokohamas got only 18,000 outta them. THey are quiet, smooth and very predictable in the rain. Excellent tire! you won't be sorry with these. I drive very hard on them as well.

I would absoulutely go with the Michelin PS2's.

I had the exact same problem with the Yokohamas...those were without question the worst tires I have ever had on any car. They cupped at 9000 miles and Lexus said..."Its just normal"...Unfortunately my Lexus dealer should be selling Yugo's they are so bad.

Anyway....I followed some advise from this forum and love the ride (quiet) and overall performance.

• 3 weeks later...

I too had the OEM, Advans which had bad inside wear on all 4 at 18K. The rest of the tire still had tread so I drove them until they had 24K. Well, when I went in for an oil change, I found I had been riding on the steel belts on the insides of all 4 tires, for god knows how long. I ordered the Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position 960's at Tire rack, for $203 each. Had and alignment done at Lexus ($119), and was told the the camber on these is meant to be slightly negative, so it's not unusual for this type of wear. Car drives great with new Bridgestones and much quieter, tracks better, etc. I only can hope I won't be replacing these again at 18K miles. I wonder if this car doesn't hold the alignment very well. Like to hear from others about this bad inside wear, alignment issues. thanks

I just replace the OEM's Advans with Bridgestone Potenza Pole Postiion 960's. $203 each at Tire Rack. Had very high ratings at Tire Rack other than in Winter driving, which isn't an issue in Florida. Much Quieter ride, Tracks well. I hope they do better than the Advans which had bad inner wear at 18K, which seems to be more the cars engineering then the tires or the alignment. So far so good, but I am concerned about the inner wear issue, which has been addressed in other threads on this site. Lexus seems to be in denial that this is a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Today I replaced the factory Yokohama Run Flat tires that I have hated and were completely worn out at 25k miles!

Discount Tire replaced them with the highly recommended Continental Conti-Pro Contacts.

They were approx. $230 per tire installed with road hazard and mounting, etc. with a 40k mile rating.

I am loving them!

The ride is much better and the noise level is greatly reduced over the factory installed Yokohama Run Flats.

Marxus0867, I had Continental Conti-Pro Contacts on my last car, they are great tires for the money. The knock on them was they have weak side walls. Let us know how you like them, I almost bought some for my GS the other day.