Need Help! Rough Idle And Shaking Steering Wheel

A couple issues that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

1. Car idles a little rough at a stop. It is barely noticeable but just enough to be annoying. The car runs perfectly all of the time except when idling. It is very slight barely make the tach move. It does this when in park as well as when in gear at a stop.

2. The steering wheel shakes a little bit. Car rides perfectly smooth and I think it needs an alignment but wouldn't think this would cause the wheel to shake. Tie rod ends maybe? Something else? Also I'm guess some people will say wheel balance but again it is completely smooth when driving so wouldn't think it would be a balance issue.

Thanks for any advice. :cheers:

A couple issues that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

1. Car idles a little rough at a stop. It is barely noticeable but just enough to be annoying. The car runs perfectly all of the time except when idling. It is very slight barely make the tach move. It does this when in park as well as when in gear at a stop.

2. The steering wheel shakes a little bit. Car rides perfectly smooth and I think it needs an alignment but wouldn't think this would cause the wheel to shake. Tie rod ends maybe? Something else? Also I'm guess some people will say wheel balance but again it is completely smooth when driving so wouldn't think it would be a balance issue.

Thanks for any advice.:cheers:

I'v got identical problems and so far i have found this

I cleaned my air system, bought new air filter, added alot of fuel injector cleaner and that got a little better. My idle is caused by low RPM when completely stopped on "DRIVE" - i'v got about 400-600RPM when normal is 800-1000. Now my next suggestion will be to check your Throttle Position Sensor readings from your local mechanic as that seems to be the problem for me as well.

On the shaking part i have changed the following: Right inner tie rod, U-Joint, Ball joints and an alignment after all that and now the car is smooth like never again with no shaking what so ever

i have 2 99 gs 300's and they both have an idle problem. in the morning they rev real high and while driving they drop to about 400 rpm also. i went to my local mechanic and they also said the tps or the throttle positionint sensor is either bad or dirty so get that checked out. and as far as vibrating depends on what speed mine was doing it at high speed and all i had to do was balance my tires. good luck