Is-f

• 2 months later...
I already want one, but the question is: will I be able to afford one?

There are plenty of cars out there with awesome acceleration but well beyond my reach...:cries:

:cries:

I wonder what your insurance will be like if you bought the is-f. Does anyone know what the est MPG?

I honestly don't see how they will sell them for 60k. I just left the Lexus dealership here in Orlando, and the IS 350 is listed for 62k. I think the real price is going to up around 80k. I don't have any facts on that, it's just an opinion. I could very well be wrong.

I honestly don't see how they will sell them for 60k. I just left the Lexus dealership here in Orlando, and the IS 350 is listed for 62k. I think the real price is going to up around 80k. I don't have any facts on that, it's just an opinion. I could very well be wrong.

A 350 for $62k? Are they out of their mind??????? What the heck do they have on that thing?????

A 350 for $62k? Are they out of their mind??????? What the heck do they have on that thing?????

You know what, I'll be back there in a day or 2, so I'll take a pic of the window sticker for ya. It seems there are few people who don't beleive me. Then you can see what they have for yourself. I read it over breifly, looked like jut the ML system with nav. and all, but nothing custom, all options that's all.

I think I could scrape together enough for a ISF but then I probably couldn't afford the insurance, gas, and food for my kitties. :(

If you lived in the UK Bartkat you'd have to find the equivalent of $105,000 to buy the IS-F. The car manufacturers have a reason for calling the UK 'Treasure Island' ...could be worse though, it's even more expensive in Ireland, Norway ..oh, and Singapore.

I think I could scrape together enough for a ISF but then I probably couldn't afford the insurance, gas, and food for my kitties. :(

If you lived in the UK Bartkat you'd have to find the equivalent of $105,000 to buy the IS-F. The car manufacturers have a reason for calling the UK 'Treasure Island' ...could be worse though, it's even more expensive in Ireland, Norway ..oh, and Singapore.

If that were the case I'd have to sell my house and sleep under a bridge. :unsure:

If that were the case I'd have to sell my house and sleep under a bridge. :unsure:

But couldn't you sleep in the car???? lol! ;-)

What??? An SC? Ok, your entitled to your opinion. And I am not saying that you are wrong. But quite frankly, I just don't quite know where the SC now fits in the food chain. I mean the older body style SC looked way nicer to me than the shorty they have now. And the fact that it's a 2 seater, but is rather large for a 2 seater, and the handling is very quirky imho. The new ISF is more like a modern day hot rod I think. Even though I'm not that huge a fan of the new body style of the IS, the ISF does look much better with the wider stance, body kit, lower ride, larger rims and Brembo stoppers. The front bumper is a little over done, but they're trying to make a statement. The best new body style is the GS, and the LS. I saw a write up on the GS-F coming if the IS-F sells well.

• 4 weeks later...

80k was the price for the IS-F neumann marcus edition.

regular IS-F is going to be around 60-65$k depending on the options. thats what the dealer told me. 62k for is350 is def a ripoff.

• 1 month later...

I honestly don't see them selling them for $60k+ myself.. but not for your reason... My IS350 cost me a little over $40k.. the MSRP was $43.5k... it pretty much has everything but the ML... Now how can they expect to get over a $20k premium for only a 1/2 sec increase in the 0-60?

The $60k market is a very crowded market... If I had $65k to spend on a car.. my short list would look like this...

Jaguar XF Supercharged

Lexus GS 450h

BMW 550i

MB E550

Infinite M45

MB C63 AMG

or look for a super nice used 2007 M5... That would beat the IS-F in all specs....... B)

Guess time will tell.. The price point is around $50k starting... and $55k fully loaded IMHO to sell them well..

I wouldn't mind having an older BMW M3 or M5, but definately not one of the newer ones. Their quality ratings (along with most German cars today) have gone downhill really bad. It's a shame; back in the 80s, Beemers had the same reputation Lexus has today.

As for the IS-F, it kicks azz, but they need to make a coupe or a convertible version to compete with the M3, and I'm not talking about something like that old man golfer's car, the SC430. Lexus should really discontinue the SC430 and have an IS-coupe be its successor. It hurts me to say that being an SC400 owner (and enthusiast), but the SC430 has really tarnished my model's good name and legacy. When the SC400 came out in June 91, it was a revolutionary car.

• 8 months later...
I already want one, but the question is: will I be able to afford one?

There are plenty of cars out there with awesome acceleration but well beyond my reach...:cries:

I wonder what your insurance will be like if you bought the is-f. Does anyone know what the est MPG?

I was also worried about the cost of insurance. I take delivery of my F this Saturday (Black on Black) and I am coming out of a FX35. I was pleasantly surprised that the difference going from an 05 Infiniti FX35 to an 08 ISF was only $240/yr. That is in NJ with high coverage.