Need A Trailer Light Harness For 2002 Ls 430 Asap!

NausetDog

Bad news, I don't think a vehicle specific wiring kit is available for your vehicle. I was looking for a T-Connector - the plug-n-play type wiring kit. I checked Draw-Tite/Hidden Hitch, Valley & Curt (big hitch manufacturers) - nothing. I'd either call your closest Lexus dealership, a truck accessory or RV dealership. Most of those types of businesses can hard wire the wiring for you. Lexus would be your best bet as you're dealing with electrical issues, but it's usually a bit expensive. Sorry!

Any professional hitch dealer should have a trailer light harness that will fit your car -- it is not specific to a Lexus. The main requirement is that power be taken directly from the battery. The hot wire must be routed from the back of the car to the engine compartment - usually it is done under the car. Care must be taken to route the wire so it does not get torn off by road debri, ice and snow.

Here are examples of harnesses that would work: http://www.etrailer.com/c-ELEE.htm

Any professional hitch dealer should have a trailer light harness that will fit your car -- it is not specific to a Lexus.

Yep you're right. Any trailer company should have a universal wiring kit (hot wire). I was trying to find him a T-Connector that he could do himself as timing is a bit of an issue & a vehicle specific T is not available for his car. I guess there isn't much demand. :)