1990 Ls Trac Light

Shelly'sLS400

The Trac light does not come on the first drive of the day. After I turn the ignition off, and go back to the car and restart, the Trac light is on for the rest of the day, unless the car has cooled off for about 2 hours. It doesn't seem to effect the driveablity of the car. Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be or where to start??????????

Is your CEL (Check Engine Light) on also? You may need to read the codes associated. It also could be something in your brake system. Is your TRAC button pushed in or out? Have you played with that? I would start by removing your ECU fuse for about 20 seconds and then re-inserting. This should reset the ECU to a clean start. Then, when the TRAC comes on again, if it does, you can check the code(s) to diagnose the exact issue. Let me know how this turns out. I do have the repair manual electronically filed on my home computer, so I'll check back and send the attachment if needed for the TRAC portion.

Is your CEL (Check Engine Light) on also? You may need to read the codes associated. It also could be something in your brake system. Is your TRAC button pushed in or out? Have you played with that? I would start by removing your ECU fuse for about 20 seconds and then re-inserting. This should reset the ECU to a clean start. Then, when the TRAC comes on again, if it does, you can check the code(s) to diagnose the exact issue. Let me know how this turns out. I do have the repair manual electronically filed on my home computer, so I'll check back and send the attachment if needed for the TRAC portion.

Check your Trac Control fuse. I had the same problem and replacing that fixed the issue for me. Hope you figure it out. Thomas

• 1 year later...