Fuel Leaking=explosive

vasso

I got good lesson which i´d like to share with you. After I filled up my fuel tank i parked my sc 400 inclined to the fuel lid and it was very big mistake... Today morning I opened the door and it was nightmare... there was such of gasoline smell I couldn´t survive. As you know gasoline steam is highly explosive, some bad coincients (bad connections etc) and you don´t have the car any more. I think I know the cause of this leaking, fuel tank is behind the back seat and apparently fuel leaked out down to the back seat because tank was fulfill. I hope that smell is gone afrer while and of course I never will do it again.

tom

I'm not positive but maybe it's the fuel tank cap gasket, hence fuel leaking out of filler hole. Manual says to replace it every 6 years/ 60,000 miles.

If not that it is possible to take out the fabric wall in the trunk to the fuel tank. The clips that hold it are tricky; pull the panel down a bit to take a look at the clips.