factory phone activation

murthog

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should be able to activate it through any cellular service provider that still offers analog service. Watch out though, analog service is much more expensive than digital (what everyone uses now) and the phone built into the Lexus can't be converted.

• 3 months later...

That phone is OLD SCHOOL! There might as well be a brick phone in the glove... hehehe... I don't like the power on tone that blares when putting the key in the ignition. I just wish I could use the speaker phone option with my digital Samsung phone. That would be cool.

1993 LS400

Does anyone have any information or experiences activating the factory installed Lexus phone?

Sorry to tell you this but it is just not worth the trouble. Just like the person said you would need to find a company that still offers the anolog service. Here is another problem: anolog signal will not work well due to the fact that all the receiving stations along the roads are all set up to work with digtal.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the "old" factory phone in my 93 LS400. I agree it's not a good idea to activate it, BUT it still can be use to dial "911", and will connect you to the police in an emergency.

I just want to be able to use the hands free speakerphone on the steering wheel with my Samsung camera phone. That is the only thing cool about that phone. When starting my car up, that loud tone from the old school phone is annoying.... :wacko:

• 2 months later...

IF you want to get rid of that beeping sound from the built in lexus phone, what you can do is remove the transiver which is in the trunk. In my 93 ls 400 open the trunk, pull out the toolbox (unscrew) and remove the whole carpeting from the sidewall and you will see the device. Careful because they have a lock on them to prevent theft. If you dont have the key, you will need to have small hands and a small wrench.

I asked around about getting my 1992 phone activated for the same reason. However, I asked all the major providers in my area (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Cellular One, Cingular), and they all told me that they don't offer analog-only packages anymore. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get a hands-free setup for my cell phone.

Johann