Tire Inflation Warning Light

ljdarby

My ES350's low inflation for tires warning light has been on for about two weeks now, never going off even once. I have checked the four tires' inflation twice during that time and they are all a perfect 33 pounds. I do not have a "reset" button to extinguish this warning light on my lower dash, so it seems I do not have that add-on which monitors tire inflation pressures anyway. So, why is the light suddenly illuminated? Any suggestions (short of going to the dealer for service)? Thanks for any suggestions

From the original poster of this question:

I have no tire inflation reset button, neither in the lower dash (where those models having this monitoring system have that switch), nor in the glove box, the only switch therein is the trunk release button.

I am at wit's end- the car is a year old, having just 6,000 miles on it. Tomorrow, I will check the spare tire inflation and maybe that's the key, and then let everyone know what results.

Thanks for helpful comments thusfar...

Damn you guys are good! Just checked out the inflation pressure on my SPARE tire and, sure enough, it was low. Inflated it to 33 pounds I use on running tires and voila, the warning light went OUT.

Thanks everyone for the help on this little mystery.

- Larry

Damn you guys are good! Just checked out the inflation pressure on my SPARE tire and, sure enough, it was low. Inflated it to 33 pounds I use on running tires and voila, the warning light went OUT.

Thanks everyone for the help on this little mystery.

- Larry

That's great, but it still doesn't solve the mystery of the missing reset button. :unsure:

Something kind of odd, that you have tire sensors, but ro reset switch or tire selector switch. I can't find anything that says early production models are missing those features. Its funny, but I found the diagnostic flowchart for the low tire pressure light, and the first thing it tells you to do is to check the tire selector switch.

Thanks for the info, BUT I have no such button on my lower dashboard. Mine is one of the first ES350's released, so this may be the explanation...

- Larry

Well, the build date on my ES350 is March, 2006, and bought it the first week in May, 2006......I guess you would call my car early! <_<

What's your build date?

Did you look in your Owners Manual, or called Lexus Service to find out how to adjust this tire monitor?

BTW: MY above illustration was taken right out of the Owners Manual, so how do you explain that?

OK......I went out to my car, with camera in hand and took a picture of the underside of my dashboard.

I hope this proves once and for all that this button is in your car also. :chairshot:

Bend down and stick your head under the dashboard and you'll see it!!

Tirepressurebutton.jpg

From the original poster of this question- mea culpa, mea culpa... You guys are just too good for me.

I did bend down (contorsions worthy of a circus performer) and look UNDER the panel of the dash &, sure enough, found the switches several of you helpful guys described. My mistake was looking for a switch ON the lower panel, near the right knee position, not UNDER said panel, way, way back.

My wife was right- sometimes a guy with three college degrees is NOT the smartest tack in the box.

Thanks to all of you for the many helpful and correctly stated replies. I look forward one day to helping someone else out with their knawing problem with their ES350. Until then, I remain red-faced and embarassed, but a happy ES350 owner.

Over and out... :cheers:

• 3 months later...

I had a tire destroyed today from a rock in the road (the sidewall got punctured). I put the damaged tire/wheel in my trunk, put the spare on, brought the pressure up and "initialized" the tire pressure warning system with that little button buried all the way down.

But I still get that inflation warning light. Can someone confirm that, indeed, the system looks at all 5 tire/wheels. And if this is the case, would the light go off if I removed the damaged tire/wheel from the trunk until I get the tire replaced. Thanks!!!

I had a tire destroyed today from a rock in the road (the sidewall got punctured). I put the damaged tire/wheel in my trunk, put the spare on, brought the pressure up and "initialized" the tire pressure warning system with that little button buried all the way down.

But I still get that inflation warning light. Can someone confirm that, indeed, the system looks at all 5 tire/wheels. And if this is the case, would the light go off if I removed the damaged tire/wheel from the trunk until I get the tire replaced. Thanks!!!

Once you get the tire fixed/replaced, and inflate them all to the same PSI, and then press the calibration button the warning light will go off.

The system looks at 5 wheels, and at the moment it doesn't like what it sees. :D

My ES350's low inflation for tires warning light has been on for about two weeks now, never going off even once. I have checked the four tires' inflation twice during that time and they are all a perfect 33 pounds. I do not have a "reset" button to extinguish this warning light on my lower dash, so it seems I do not have that add-on which monitors tire inflation pressures anyway. So, why is the light suddenly illuminated? Any suggestions (short of going to the dealer for service)? Thanks for any suggestions

I had the same problem and my dealer in Florida found that the spare tire in the trunk was the culprit and fixed the problem. That issue actually happened twice before I realized it was a spare tire issue