Lexus Is Acceleration Problems

E. Combs

I have a 01 IS300 with 62,000 miles and my trac light is flashing constantly, my check engine light is on, my abs light is on, it takes me forever to get up to 60 MPH, my throttle used to only works when the last 30% of pedal travel, but now it feels like it's gone beyond that stage, my throttle cable looked loose, so I tighten it a little, but it didn't help at all. When it hits 4 on the RPM it stalls out and won't gain any speed unless I get off of the gas and the transmission change. I've been driving it around for awhile now and now it feels as if it's stalling out and going to cut off at anytime. What could be the problem for this? What is a solution to fix it?

I have a 01 IS300 with 62,000 miles and my trac light is flashing constantly, my check engine light is on, my abs light is on, it takes me forever to get up to 60 MPH, my throttle used to only works when the last 30% of pedal travel, but now it feels like it's gone beyond that stage, my throttle cable looked loose, so I tighten it a little, but it didn't help at all. When it hits 4 on the RPM it stalls out and won't gain any speed unless I get off of the gas and the transmission change. I've been driving it around for awhile now and now it feels as if it's stalling out and going to cut off at anytime. What could be the problem for this? What is a solution to fix it?

Yikes... that sounds terrible.

I can't believe you're still driving it that way. LOL

I have no idea what could be causing that... but I'll say this.

I had a 94 Ford SHO and one day, it started acting very weird.

The various lights were flashing and anytime I got it above 35 MPH, it died.

Let it roll to a stop and it fired back up... I could not figure it out.

I called the dealer and I was told it was caused by a weak battery... the draw the car made once above 35, the battery could not handle it.

I drove to Wal-Mart, bought a battery and popped it in right there in the parking lot.

Problem was solved!

Who knows??? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

the only way to find out what is wrong is to hook up a scanner to the car and see what codes are getting stored in the computer of the vehicle. Once you find out what sensor or component is wrong then you can start to pinpoint the problem rather than guessing what is wrong without hooking a scanner to the vehicle.

• 4 months later...