Beware Lexus Of Massapequa

shufiend

Beware of this dealer. I brought my rx300 in for repair. It seemed that at a traffic light the car started to

shake and the check engine light whent on. I made my to the side of the road to find nothing obviously

wrong so I made my way home to find the car wouldnt shift inot overdrive. I told the service associate

all of this. They checked my car and reported to me the computer showed 4 codes. 3 bad coils and a bad

transmission. They gave me a few options of repairing the car. One option was to do all the work for a total

of $5,900, and since I was spending so much money they would replace the broken marker lights that

were out around the car. I said to the SA how is this possible? How could my car even run with 3 out of 6 cylindars

are not fireing? I also reminded him that I dont beleive in coincidence that my transmission would go bad at

the exact time 3 coils fail and I would have to really think hard before spending that kind of money on a 1999

car with 134,000 miles. I picked up the car in the same condition as I brought it in and drove over to a

local mechanic after checking the LOC web site for possible causes. The local mechanic found only 1 code

for a bad coil. He replaced the coil the check engine light whent out and the car shifts just fine. I called the dealer

and spoke to the SA, He NEVER denied telling me the repair was 5,900, I asked for my money back. They

charged me 2 hours of diagnostic labor. The service manager was out untill monday. I called back to speak to him.

His response was that our technician says only 1 code was found for a bad coil. How do you justify 2 hours of labor

for 1 bad coil to diagnose, and how is the diagnosis different today? Where did I get the prices from? If all that was

wrong was 1 bad coil why would I take the car away without it being fixed by lexus? I told him I want all my money

back. He agrred I was overcharged and agreed to give back half. I called Lexus corporate. Asked them how I

could get 2 diagnosis that are so vastly different and I want my money back. They investigated and said

because you had the car fixed ba a non lexus certified mechanic they would side with the dealer. I asked

how the manufacturer can justify their representative telling a customer a repair was 5,900 and it really was 250.

My only recourse now is to complain to consumer affairs and tell all my friends to never buy a toyota or lexus

since the dealer is more inportant than the customer. DO NOT USE THIS DEALER UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY

TO THROW AWAY.

Beware of this dealer. I brought my rx300 in for repair. It seemed that at a traffic light the car started to

shake and the check engine light whent on. I made my to the side of the road to find nothing obviously

wrong so I made my way home to find the car wouldnt shift inot overdrive. I told the service associate

all of this. They checked my car and reported to me the computer showed 4 codes. 3 bad coils and a bad

transmission. They gave me a few options of repairing the car. One option was to do all the work for a total

of $5,900, and since I was spending so much money they would replace the broken marker lights that

were out around the car. I said to the SA how is this possible? How could my car even run with 3 out of 6 cylindars

are not fireing? I also reminded him that I dont beleive in coincidence that my transmission would go bad at

the exact time 3 coils fail and I would have to really think hard before spending that kind of money on a 1999

car with 134,000 miles. I picked up the car in the same condition as I brought it in and drove over to a

local mechanic after checking the LOC web site for possible causes. The local mechanic found only 1 code

for a bad coil. He replaced the coil the check engine light whent out and the car shifts just fine. I called the dealer

and spoke to the SA, He NEVER denied telling me the repair was 5,900, I asked for my money back. They

charged me 2 hours of diagnostic labor. The service manager was out untill monday. I called back to speak to him.

His response was that our technician says only 1 code was found for a bad coil. How do you justify 2 hours of labor

for 1 bad coil to diagnose, and how is the diagnosis different today? Where did I get the prices from? If all that was

wrong was 1 bad coil why would I take the car away without it being fixed by lexus? I told him I want all my money

back. He agrred I was overcharged and agreed to give back half. I called Lexus corporate. Asked them how I

could get 2 diagnosis that are so vastly different and I want my money back. They investigated and said

because you had the car fixed ba a non lexus certified mechanic they would side with the dealer. I asked

how the manufacturer can justify their representative telling a customer a repair was 5,900 and it really was 250.

My only recourse now is to complain to consumer affairs and tell all my friends to never buy a toyota or lexus

since the dealer is more inportant than the customer. DO NOT USE THIS DEALER UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY

TO THROW AWAY.

Yeah, that dealership is very... I don't want to say dishonest, but I'm going to. I went there for a free oil change.. cause I had a coupon and I figure why not. I bring my car in, no charge for oil change but then they hand me a list of repairs that need to be made a.s.a.p. On the list are items such as, "new accessory belt and tensioner, new brake pads and rotors, and my transmission fluid and coolant were in terrible condition" .... according to them anyway. The brakes, and belt were changed by me, and my coolant was flushed no more than 2 week prior. My transmission fluid was also flushed by Rallye Lexus just a couple of months prior also. I just laughed, took my car an left... but hey, the free oil change was nice... they didn't even change the flter. I changed my oil the next week.

• 1 year later...

I agree, this dealership should be investigated by corporate. I will never go back to them. I also got nailed with a 1,200 fuse blown. But most recently, and its always when you go for your yearly inspection, is when the sharks attack. this time they charged me 1,100 for a set of brake pads and 2 tires. It would have cost less than half that anywhere else... to top it off, when i dropped the car off for the inspection, i asked him to have the mechanics replace 2 blown fuses left over from the last time they never finished the job. They were 2 dollar fuses and the salesperson had the nerve of telling me he was going to charge me an additional $250 just for the same mechanic that was performing the inspection of my car to look at that. 250 to just look at the fuses to see if that is the issue. After I refused this charge, the guy calls me the next day to tell me 1,100 for brakes and tires and he had the mechanic look at the car and it wasn't the fuses in the car that were blown that was preventing my steering wheel from adjusting and my passenger front seat from adjusting. I went to the auto parts store, bought a pack of 5 dollar fuses and replaced and fixed the issue myself.

What idiots, this business will fall in the near future. They dont care about return customers... I'm def. going to buy another lexus, definetely not from them and everybody i know or hear looking at lexus, i will bash this one dealership.

TO THROW AWAY.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i'm telling you if you are on Long Island you have to go to Rallye. They are the only ones who do the right thing. Not cheap but stand up. They will work with you...

Another vote for Rallye....

I first went to Lexus of Rockville Centre to lease my 2010 RX350. I felt like I was in a used car showroom and they were trying every trick in the book to pressure me to get the car that day. I went to Massapequa and quickly realized I was getting the same treatment. I later found out they have the same ownership! Ended up at Rallye. I got a great price (much lower than RVC and Massapequa), was not pressured and was treated properly. After my experience with the sales staff at Rockville Centre and Massapequa, I would not consider taking my car there for service.

• 8 months later...

Agree, Lexus of Rockville Center sucks. I bring my lexus GS350 to serivce and check ratting sounds underneath my car. The stupid technicion wants to charges me when my car still cover under factory warranty. People with Lexus shouldn't go there, very bad service

• 11 months later...

I own 3 lexus. Been using same tech for 8 years now. All vehicles like brand new.you have to know who to ask for at this dealer.I never had problem with repairs here.lexus of massapequa.

• 4 months later...