Going To The Junkyard...

808-lexus

well, i gave it some long thought and decided not to paint my rims. instead, i had an idea that i would go to the junkyard and get some rims that would fit my 400. of course, i'll make sure they're not in bad condition. what do you think of this idea? good? no?

well, i gave it some long thought and decided not to paint my rims. instead, i had an idea that i would go to the junkyard and get some rims that would fit my 400. of course, i'll make sure they're not in bad condition. what do you think of this idea? good? no?

Good idea but probably extremely hard to find. I've never seen a 1990 LS400 at the junk yard in my area; only a 1995 GS400 a couple of years ago. My area: Parsippany, New Jersey.

Good idea but probably extremely hard to find. I've never seen a 1990 LS400 at the junk yard in my area; only a 1995 GS400 a couple of years ago. My area: Parsippany, New Jersey.

Saw a 90 LS400 in my "late model" junkyard annex, front ended no less. Not bad but totally gone through interior wise. Bad fenders and bumper, back glass shattered, interior gutted, engine complete minus MAS, wheels ugly. Upper control arms were tight though and they are having a half price sale this weekend, $54 for 2. So. Cal area. It was my color too....Timing belt changed at 176, 000 MILES!!! that is stretching it....

• 1 month later...

I have a complete set of tires & rims from the LS400 1992. If you are in So Cal (Vista area) then let me know if you would like to buy them.

I painted my 94 LS Coach edition wheels and they looked pretty good. I bought some paint from Auto Zone made for wheels. I was actually pleased with them. If you decide to give it a try be sure and buy the clear that is for wheels also and put it on. Might as well give it a shot for around $10/30 bucks befor you buy.

I have a complete set of tires & rims from the LS400 1992. If you are in So Cal (Vista area) then let me know if you would like to buy them.

What rims do you have, the polished (Chrome looking) or the gray?