Radiator Pin Hole

GRAY

• 1 year later...

I recently took my 2004 GX470 in for routine maintenance. I was told that the shop observed pink deposits, indicating a small leak. We have about 75k on the vehicle.

I called to day to schedule for radiator replacement. The shop said they had one in yesterday, and another scheduled for tomorrow. I am using an independent shop now (toyota and lexus trained guys). Either this is a problem showing up more, or I, and some others, are being taken.

• 5 months later...
I recently took my 2004 GX470 in for routine maintenance. I was told that the shop observed pink deposits, indicating a small leak. We have about 75k on the vehicle.

I called to day to schedule for radiator replacement. The shop said they had one in yesterday, and another scheduled for tomorrow. I am using an independent shop now (toyota and lexus trained guys). Either this is a problem showing up more, or I, and some others, are being taken.

I just had the same thing happen here. A day following a 75K maintenance and front brakes at Lexus dealer, went for a battery at NTB and they found the leak. Lexus didn't find it during a $300+ maintenance-I was told they don't look under the "cover" for routine maintenance. What a joke.

Anyway, one of the chief mechanics, whom I know and trust, said it is a fairly common thing in certain years. This was in our 05. My 03 had 127k miles on it without issue-which I just traded in last month.

My local dealer's service has fallen off substantially. It was the one of the main reasons I have purchased several Lexi (sp?).

• 12 years later...

Hi all. Just joined the Lexus forum and reading some of the GX470 Radiator comments. Question, when buying one of the new Koyorad or Denso radiators, will they both arrive with new drain plugs installed, or is that a separate part that needs to be ordered? Just purchased a used 03 GX with 170 K miles and want to go all through it to eliminate as many potential causes of possible breakdown while off roading, and don't have any reliable maintenance records on items being replaced such as radiator, thermostat, water pump and timing belt. Also, any other suggestions as to areas that I should address in order to feel a bit more comfortable about putting my wife behind the wheel would be greatly appreciated. I already intend to replace ALL fluids / filters, coolant hoses, drive belt, etc. in addition to the above items before putting it into service. Thanks