96 450 Gas Filter

ajh1996

I have slid up and down on both sides and cant fine it. bought on in ebay so i know what it looks like unless it is the wrong one.

It's on the drivers side of the engine compartment directly under the air intake chamber assembly. I think the best access is by removing the DS front tire and the little wheel well skirts. Don't know if you're going with an aftermarket product, but you're generally best advised to stick with Toyota parts. Apparently the install is a little tricky because of the tight quarters. One tip I've seen that's supposed to make the install easier is to notch out an opening on one of the bracket ears on the fuel filter. That way you can go ahead and get that mounting bolt started, then bolt the other side and rotate the filter to slide onto the first bolt you got started. Hard to explain, but hopefully that makes since.

• 2 months later...
I have slid up and down on both sides and cant fine it. bought on in ebay so i know what it looks like unless it is the wrong one.

It's on the drivers side of the engine compartment directly under the air intake chamber assembly. I think the best access is by removing the DS front tire and the little wheel well skirts. Don't know if you're going with an aftermarket product, but you're generally best advised to stick with Toyota parts. Apparently the install is a little tricky because of the tight quarters. One tip I've seen that's supposed to make the install easier is to notch out an opening on one of the bracket ears on the fuel filter. That way you can go ahead and get that mounting bolt started, then bolt the other side and rotate the filter to slide onto the first bolt you got started. Hard to explain, but hopefully that makes since.

I am going to go look but my air intake and filter is on the passenger side.

• 4 weeks later...
I am going to go look but my air intake and filter is on the passenger side.

I'm not talking about the air intake tube and filter. The air intake chamber and intake manifold assembly, is the big galvanized metal assembly that is on the driver side of the throttle body. This assembly receives air from the throttle body and directs it down into each of the cylinders of the motor. The top half of this assembly is referred to the air intake chamber, the bottom half is the air intake manifold. The fuel filter is underneath the air intake chamber.

Rookie

• 2 months later...