Notebook Mouse - Bluetooth Or Usb Receiver?

Rya

Hi All! I'm needing to purchase a mouse for my notebook that was ordered last week. I picked up a bluetooth laser mouse by Targus today (after rebate & in-store discount - $9.99, normally $69.99!!). I've read several reviews & there are not alot of possitive things being said about it or bluetooth models in general. Has anyone tried the Targus mouse (not the "mini-mouse") or any bluetooth model? What are your thoughts? Thanks!

bluetooth mice arent bad...they are pretty convient....but sometimes the problem is that the mouse and laptop have issues connecting to one another...or it doesnt recognize the movement sometimes....ohh and i dont know how targus is but if it doesnt come w/ a recharging stand....the batteries can be a pain...overall though they are good those are just some of the problems you may have :)....plus only 10 bucks you cant go wrong :)

bluetooth mice arent bad...they are pretty convient....but sometimes the problem is that the mouse and laptop have issues connecting to one another...or it doesnt recognize the movement sometimes....ohh and i dont know how targus is but if it doesnt come w/ a recharging stand....the batteries can be a pain...overall though they are good those are just some of the problems you may have :)....plus only 10 bucks you cant go wrong :)

Thanks for the advise. Actually, I'd have to do the rebate thing to get the $40.00 back, but that's not a big deal. After checking lots of websites last night, people just aren't liking the bluetooth tech. as a whole. Problems with the mouse going to sleep & not waking back. If this was just a personal computer where lost time & minor quirks didn't matter, then I wouldn't mind the problems. I'm just not sure I want the hassle. I'm having to go on several business trips per year & I'm going back to school so I don't have time for the connection to drop (nor do I have the patience). But.... I think I'll try it & see. $10.00, it's practically disposable. I also found an optical Kensington that I like. It's really flat and smooth like the Mac mouse, but even flatter.

Thanks again!

i love blutetooth technology, i have it built into my laptop, so i transfer pics and songs wirelessesly to my phone and its great, if you already have it built in, i suggest you go for it. if you ahve to put in an adapter, might as well go wireless

Yep, it's built in. My hubby built me a very nice computer. Thanks for the advise! :cheers: