Advice: Looking To A Buy A 99 Gs300

I am at the end of my lease with my 2004 Infiniti G35. MY girl has a 1999 ES300 and I while looking for a car I found this.

1999 GS300 with 131k from 12-13k. I'm think I can talk them down too. The car externally looks great, but I'll probably take it down to the Lexus dealership to have them review it. It was owned by an older couple. :) Hey, I'm 30.

I just wanted some advice on how good of a deal this was.

pic_of_sticker

The price is too high. I bought my GS400 for $3,000 which has 125k miles.

Start the bid off at $9,000, see where that takes you =]

Sorry LexusG.....your $3K deal is not a true market value of these cars. I thought you said peviously it needed alot of work.

Alex, check Ebay to get some sort of idea of the prices for these cars. I just bought this weekend a ultra clean 98 loaded (Nak) GS400. The previous owner was original and was 80 years old! The Lexus dealer said that it was his wifes and he had every single maintainence thing done to the day/mile since new at that dealer. Unfortunately for the wife, she is not allowed to drive anymore and they sold it back. It was pretty cool seeing the maintaince book with the stamps, mileage, and dates of each service. Cool little piece of history of the car. I got it for $15k and it has 74K miles. Garage kept and the paint was flawless except for a few rock chips up front.

When I was looking the GS300's were in the $12-$13K range with 80-90K miles. I drove both and totally need the extra power of the 400 just for the fun of knowing I could punch it at will. IMO it just felt like a better car.

Good luck! The good thing there really are alot to choose from and the prices are amazing low for such a solid car. I expect to get a easy 100K more out of mine just by how new it still feels!

Thanks for the info. I ran the car through KBB and it comes out to 13k. The guy at the dealership said I would have more haggle room if I came and got it before the end of the month since they are trying to get rid of cars.

Thanks for the info. I ran the car through KBB and it comes out to 13k. The guy at the dealership said I would have more haggle room if I came and got it before the end of the month since they are trying to get rid of cars.

I have had my 2001 GS300 for a couple of years now, great car, only having to perform the ususal maintenance. I priced your 99 out on edmunds, selecting the typical options for a 300...No NAV, No HID's, No ML, No Chrome wheels. (Beware of chrome wheels) I get $11,400 for retail. Unless they have documentation of all maintenece, timing belt, water pump, plugs etc, BRAND new tires and this thing is jaw dropping immaculate...$13,000 is way too much for this car. You have to remember most dealers are only going to give KBB "good" value on a trade-in, which on that car is between 7-8k. I can't check KBB b/c their site is down. I do trust edmunds car values. I think you could come up with a lower mile and newer GS for the same money.

Good luck,

Kerry

I just bought my wife a '07 MB R500 and she had driven our '99 Lexus GS300 for several years. I'm at a crossroads right now and would like any input. The Lexus has 107k miles and is in great condition. I've been driving a '98 MB ML320 which has 123k miles and is in great condition. The ML has recently had an engine overhaul from the extended oil sludge warranty MB has offered its customers. The warranty is for 10 years 150k miles and I took it in last year and they found it to have the oil sludge issue. Got the engine completely overhauled on MB dime. Now I need to figure out if I want to keep the ML or the GS? I drive about 18k miles a year and know it shouldn't be an issue with either vehicle. I noticed what the other post were commenting on the prices and figured I could get maybe $8k for the ML and $11k for the GS. Thanks!