Intake Mods --> Suggestions??

Ok, I'm new to the Lexus world, but not to the mod world (I own a 350+ hp Corvette). I've seen some intake mod advertisers claim a 22 hp gain on a gs300, but it comes at a hefty price tag of ~$500 plus. This price seems awful high considering the amount of material and simple design of these replacement air intakes compared to the claimed gains.

So, my question is: what have you guys (gals) used for intake mods and what kind of gains did you see? In addition, (just curious) about how much did it cost you? I would install it myself, so labor is not a concern. Also, did you have to reprogram the computer for the additional air flow?

Sorry, for the long post. TIA. :D

First off when putting in a Intake it is essential to upgrade the ECU so you can have the right air/fuel mix.... But lucky us in the States we don't have much of a selection.. Now you can go that route, I think you were talking about a SRT intake with "race" ECU... IMO way too expensive for such a minimal gain... And trust me your not getting +20hp at the rear wheels with that... Then you can go the way I went, I have a Weapon-R intake/CAB with a Apexi S-AFC.. Or Injen makes a decent Intake too... As for the gains you'll only really see them mid to high rpms... Here are some pics of my Intake with custom CAB... At night there's 2 red neons that light the box up.. It's pretty cool.... If you want to see pics of it I have no problem posting them up...

1427stb2.jpg

1427stb1.jpg

For which intakes?? I actually just got off the phone with the head R&D guy at Weapon-R and he's almost finished with the Piggy-back ECU that has been in the works for the last year.. The numbers he was telling me seem like very decent gains.. The price is steep I think he's going to let them go for around $650. without Intake but I'm sure he'd work with you on the price if you did a combo.. Or if a few of the members here want I could setup a group-buy I'm sure that'll take off a few more bucks too depending on how many people wanted in.....

Well anyway, getting back to your question... The WR intake runs about $200. and with the CAB it'll be under $400... As for the SRT intake w/ piggy-back ECU they want somewheres around $600. The Injen will be about $250...... Which one would you prefer?? Let me know and I'll tell you who to talk to when you call so you get the right person who can work down the prices for you....

That setup is very  8) .  If you don't mind posting some pics, I'd love to see them.  Where can I get the intakes you mentioned (Off there site I assume?) and about how much do those go for?  Thanks!

As for the pics I'll post some later in the GS forum...