Can The Engine Of 96 And 97 Es300 Share Some Parts?

dwhmak

I have been told that the 96 and 97 engines of ES300 are the same and therefore can share some parts. However, I am not that sure since there is a change of model in 97. Can the experts here advise whether the EGR valve of 96 be used on a 97?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been told that the 96 and 97 engines of ES300 are the same and therefore can share some parts. However, I am not that sure since there is a change of model in 97. Can the experts here advise whether the EGR valve of 96 be used on a 97?

I don't know for sure, but when I have questions like this I go to AutoZone/PepBoys/etc and look up the part number. This works, even if the part number is for an aftermarker part, as long as the brand name is the same. If the same part number is listed for the 96 and 97, then they are the same. That is an easy to find out for sure and for free...

Good luck!

mmmmm Some parts they can, but I have a sneaky suspesion the EGR valves wouldn't

The 96 uses the originally 3vz-fe / 1mz-fe intake manifold. The 97s uses the revised manifold from the avalon. Which is why they gained afew horsepower in 97. :)

try and see tho. no big deal.