Rx300 2001 Shifter Lights Not Working!

elacesar

Hello all i have an RX300 from 2001 and i would like to know if anyone could help me find the fuse that controls the lights on the

hand shifter?? I have checked all of the fuses and they all seem okay. Please any help will be appreciated.. Thanks alot

Hello all i have an RX300 from 2001 and i would like to know if anyone could help me find the fuse that controls the lights on the

hand shifter?? I have checked all of the fuses and they all seem okay. Please any help will be appreciated.. Thanks alot

More likely the bulb.....as it doesn't sound like you have any other lights out.

More likely the bulb.....as it doesn't sound like you have any other lights out.

Thanks for the help.. Would you happen to know how to get to this bulb??

Thanks EDBRO for the help and it does sound very difficult but i think i will give it a try because this light is also out. Just to make sure

i am talking about the indicator light on the actual gear shifter that says P

R

N

D

Please let me know if you can help and thanks again.

Yes, that is what the How-To refers to. Usually, it is only the "D" that goes out as that is in use the most. Are you saying that all your lights are out? If so, then that is another problem like a fuse or loose electrical connector. The how-to is for changing out the bulb, a very common problem with this car. Mine is out also, but the other lites (P,R,N,2,1) still work. It doesn't bother me.

Thanks EDBRO for the help and it does sound very difficult but i think i will give it a try because this light is also out. Just to make sure

i am talking about the indicator light on the actual gear shifter that says P

R

N

D

Please let me know if you can help and thanks again.

Yes, that is what the How-To refers to. Usually, it is only the "D" that goes out as that is in use the most. Are you saying that all your lights are out? If so, then that is another problem like a fuse or loose electrical connector. The how-to is for changing out the bulb, a very common problem with this car. Mine is out also, but the other lites (P,R,N,2,1) still work. It doesn't bother me.

The How-To you keep referring to is for the "D" light on the dash, not the shifter.

I did hear of the problem before of the lights going out on the shifter but don't remember the resolution. You may want to try using search here and over at CL.