Paint Code

piggyncsu

so i did a search on the paint code, and i heard door jam...so i checked the door jam.... where the heck is the code located!!

i need to know soon cuz i have to order the paint pen soon.... i found all sorts of code numbers..but i dont know how to read the code AROUND it..so i dunno what im reading....

i have no clue what to do...

im ready to bash some skulls.

piggy, call the lexus customer service. they would have that info for sure.

every year has different paint so i can't help you 100%.

you could, however, check out this site www.paintscratch.com which has a list of all the codes and an accompanying color patch with names if you know your name. but the names don't always match because different years will use different names for the same color.

check out the site if you want, but lexus customer service could definitely help you out.

piggy,

try http://www.lexus.com

go to the owners section. you might have to register with your email address. Plug in you VIN and is should give you the factory color it was registered in.

you can try 1-800-25-LEXUS and actually speak to a human.

Same idea, give them the VIN and have them look it up.

your local Lexus dealer parts guy should be able to look it up with the VIN also.

You also might be able to get it off carfax.com given the VIN number, too.

good luck.

steviej

paintscratch.com gave me the best so far...had to look hard and think about it.. what yall think?

http://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/makepaint.cgi

under the Two Tone Color Combination

Light Grayish Rose Pearl Clearcoat 3K7

Dark Gray Purple Metallic Clearcoat (Cladding) UA47

???

i htink i might buy both of those...i need more than just a pen for the skirt though ;)

OMG..... paintscratch.com is talking about clear coats and primers..OMG..wtf...

easy with the language piggy. no need to panic. the paintscratch site is very helpful. just read through how to. you will need the clear coat to make your paint shine. no big deal.

you can probably trust the paintscratch guys on the color. but you won't be getting your color shipped this weekend anyway, so why don't you call lexus or paintscratch on monday and get confirmed codes there. those paints ain't cheap so you want to get it right.

also, see ifyou can find those codes paintscratch gave you on the tail end of any numbers on your doorjamb or your door. that's easy verification.

The car might be so old that the online Lexus deal doesnt maintain records on what VIN digits denote the color. The database may not be that complete. Think about how many vehicles they have to list just for new cars, not even considering those 10 years old.

I agree with Amanda, check the numbers against whats on your door.

Well as everyone knows that mine is originally a Toyota, and I found my color codes on the engine wall behind the engine.. Open the hood, and look at the back wall of the engine bay. And there should be a silver plate or sticker... Lexus's are Toyota, so dont know why it wouldnt be there on the Lexus.. Thats how I found my paint number.. eg: Mine is a 2 tone silver and grey.. The silver color is T-6E The T stands for Toyota.... If you are looking at paints in the paint shop, and it has N, it should mean Nissan, or H Honda, D Diahatsu ect ect... So I am guessing that the Lex's will have a Toyota color... Thats the way it is here in Japan....

Here is an interesting fact.. My wifes cousin works for Toyota. He works in the paint section.. The old ES's arent made anymore. But he was telling me about how interesteing it was when they were working a car.. Basically its this simple... The cars that came through with the steering wheel on the right was then sent on to get Toyota badges.. Any cars comming through with the steering wheel on the left, was going into the Lexus badging room... I never knew this until yesterday, at his wedding. But he told me, that my car was probably made, at the factory that is about 10 minutes away from me...

Whenever people see my car. They always say nice Lexus.. But I remember when he first saw it. He gave me a funny little glare, and an unbelievable nod.. Before he was in close range of it, he knew!....

He has told me so many stories about the different cars that have rolled out of there... Its funny. He actually ownes one of the those brand new big Toyota people movers.. He has decked this thing out with spoiler kits and rims.. When they were still making the Lexus's, he pocketed some badges, but never had a use for them... So I said, clear your Toyota badges, and throw the L's on.. So he did.. This thing looks awsom.. if Lexus ever bring out a wagon, this thing should be the way to go!!!!

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

sorry about last night..its just frustrating.... i just got so excited about fixing the paint (only thing i can fix on my car..) andthen not being able to find the number really upset me....*Sigh* im gonna call lexus and get them to help me.

and as for checking on the door, i listed all the numbers on the door, nothing in them helped me.....i hit a hard hard dead end with the door...i guess i can check the engine thingy....whatever it is..whever it is...why cant they have a smiley with it sobbing...

Aus, what exactly is different about yours from ours (minus the whole steering wheel thing)? and what is a windom..i guess is what im asking ;)

Chris is absolutely right, the cars just roll off the line like that and go to either Lexus badging or Toyota badging, Thats why I think his car should meet US specs.

Piggy, See, for right now there is no Lexus in Japan, so all the Lexus models are sold in Japan as luxury cars under the Toyota nameplate. The ES is sold as the Windom

The LS is the Celsior

The GS is the Aristo

The SC is the Soarer

The ES is the Windom

The IS is the Altezza

Soon they're going to be introducing the Lexus name in Japan, and that will stop.

The only difference now is that Lexus no longer say "Toyota" on them in places like the window glass etc, so I'm not sure how that changes the assembly line.

that would make sense for them to be able to get here....i heard "lexus" were taxis (spelling?) in japan...is that true, if so, i hope i can go with the bf next time he goes on business :D

do the toyotas have the same name as um....toyotas?....i guess so....i wouldn't mind having a toyota Aristo or Soarer if i was there ;)

hey Aus, would that cousin know anything about the importation of the vehicles here to the US????

oh and steve, i tried to get the bf to buy a lexus, but he's looking at a darn maxima or bmw... *sigh* some people....

and the code isnt even in the engine area, bf checked last night...my car is a freak.

He he he... No they certainly dont use Lex's for taxi's here.. They actually use a very old model of the Toyota Crown.. In fact it has served so well as a Taxi, that they have continued that model to be used as a Taxi since the 70's, that they are still producing them. Just with newer insides and stuff....I guess they are a simble here. Much like the yellow cabs in NY.. You just couldnt get rid of them now?

As for the difference between Lexus and Toyota. SW03ES is right. Lexus is Toyota here. Just different names.. To a Japanese person. The Toyota Crown is the pinicle of luxury.. In fact Lexus doesnt even have this model.. The best Lexus has, is the Toyota Celsior. (LS) ..And it is only a shadow of the Crown vehicle.. Truelly is a nice car that Crown. I would give my lefty!.....

If you go to www.toyota.co.jp It is the Japanese Toyota site.. If you notice on the right of the page. It has the logo for both Toyota, and Lexus.. So some Japanese have some idea as to what Lexus is here.. Plus, I see alot of rebadged Altezza's (IS) and Aristo's (GS) and the like here aswell..

ok im gonna do a search for this toyota crown thing...wish they'd sell those things here.....im sure it would spark just like that darn H2 thing....but much cooler ;)

and about the taxi thing, i'd love to live in germany, nothing like a benz for a taxi ;) id die to be a taxi driver there.....id do anything just to live there actually...*big sigh*

found a image of one...from a magazine online..it's yellow, kinda ugly in that color, and i dont like the symbol thing on the grill in the pic...looks messed up

here is the best one i found so far :

http://www.japauto.ru/what/i/57.jpg

found a toyota crown as a cop car:

http://www.squadpix.com/pictures/japan/jpn014.jpg

ok well, i have to go get um japanese food for dinner...obviously american japanese food..but still....had a craving.....what can i say ;)

The Crown is a really nice car, had satellite navigation in 1988, 1988. Slightly larger then the LS.

Funny thing though, I had always thought that the Crown was a more expensive vehicle in Toyota's Japan lineup than the Celsior (LS) but when I was poking around on the Toyota of Japan website, the Celsior is a lot more expensive. The Crown is the price of an ES (Windom)

Whats your take on that Chris?

hehe yeh well i call it expensive food that makes me sick ;)

how can a crown be cheaper..and as for navigation..if they had it 88, why didnt they put it inthe lexus in the US sooner?

im sure the us market would have been perfect, seeing as how people spend so much on their cars here.i mean come on, dvd players and ps-2 in cars....not even just in family vehicles, but single people with NO kids...

*Sigh*

Its a question of interest. Toyota doesnt build anything that lots of people wouldn't want. Thats why they dont do cars like the V12 sedans or coupes, they're low volume and that makes Toyota nervous. Japan is a technological culture, all the new gizmos come out there way before they come out here.

And actually, the % of the market that spends that kind of money on their cars is really, really small. As small as 1 or 2%.

Well I do find that interesteing about the price of the Celsior being more expencive as the Crown.. Although, I must say that new Celsior is also a very classy piece of car!... But as I am finding. The Crown is more of a stately vehicle.. Most big businesmen own a Crown, or they get driven around in one...

The Celsior seems to be driven by the younger-to middle aged cool car guys..It is also the favourite family car of choice here, so I guess if they can sell more of them, then make them more expencive. Thats if people are willing to pay the price for it I guess?..

As for the picture of the Crown that Piggy showed, the first one is more like last years model. Pictures really dont do them justice.. They are the kind of vehicle that you have to stand next to, or sit in to get that "I am a rich bleep" feel about it..... The second pic of the police car, is probably a recent photo. The problem is in Japan. They dont spend much money on public ammenities. So you see police cars from the 80's still running around this place.. I have actually seen some new Crowns that are replacing the old cars, and for police cars, they are probably only second to the Australian Holden and Ford police vehicles as far as luxury is concerned...

I still think that Australia has the coolest looking police vehicles.....

Anyways, as for Japanese food.. what you ate probably was an attempt at Japanese food.. The stuff you buy in a restaurant is basically a luxury item for Japanese people.. We normally just eat, rice, toffu, stew, and different things... Sushi is only for special occasions.. Although I do love sashimi.. Raw fish when I go drinking....