92 Sc400 Rear Spoiler Led Light Not Working

eds92sc

does anyone know how to remove and replace the led light on the rear spoiler? any advice would be greatly appreciated. The dealer wants over three hundred dollars for a new light. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for a cheaper fix? thx

does anyone know how to remove and replace the led light on the rear spoiler? any advice would be greatly appreciated. The dealer wants over three hundred dollars for a new light. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for a cheaper fix? thx

From the bottom of the wing after you remove the little bolts holding it onto the lid (behind underlid liner).

However, B4 U do that, make sure you have power at the harness coupling (IIRC upper R rear fender/rear seat area?) that supports the tail of the LED. -

Anyway, I had zero V being delivered so pulling MY LED was a waste of labor... You could also put 12v and Neg to the LED lead to confirm its OK and if so bridge it to the barke light + and NEG wires should tracing the harness issue be to much oif a pain..

IF LED is a no go with direct + and NEG 12v test, its fleabay time.

Cheers

Michael T

From the bottom of the wing after you remove the little bolts holding it onto the lid (behind underlid liner).

However, B4 U do that, make sure you have power at the harness coupling (IIRC upper R rear fender/rear seat area?) that supports the tail of the LED. -

Anyway, I had zero V being delivered so pulling MY LED was a waste of labor... You could also put 12v and Neg to the LED lead to confirm its OK and if so bridge it to the barke light + and NEG wires should tracing the harness issue be to much oif a pain..

Cheers

Michael T

Cheers

Michael T

Thanks Michael T.

I just checked the wiring going into the trunk support tube that holds up the right side and found the wires had been cut. Most likely from the mechanic who replaced the truck support struts for the previous owner, or just from interference when the wires were dangling when the trunk was opened and closed. I re-spliced the wires and voila, LIGHTS! I saved myself some money.

• 2 months later...

This works. I followed the directions as stated and it really does work. I had to remove multiple panels within the trunk. The panel attached to the trunk lid. The panel over the spare tire. The panel over the gas tank. From there, one should be able to trace the wires, green and black (both with white trim) from the spoiler light, through the trunk lid and into the bundle of wires directly next to the gas tank. In my stance, the green wire was noticeably severed out of the bundle. However, the black wire was still in place. Thus, I had to find some copper wire and splice then rejoin. Best of luck!

• 10 years later...