Help With Crystal White 062 Touch Up Pen Please?

spoll

I purchased a bottle of OEM Toyota/Lexus Crystal White 062 to touch up my slightly scratched rear bumper, that apparently is black plastic not metal, and I've applied a few thin coats with zero success. The touchup paint appears to be translucent gray rather than white. What am I doing wrong? :wacko:

Thanks

Your bottle is not bad - the Crystal White touch-up paint is always far too thin. You just have to keep applying layers, letting them dry, then applying more layers. Worst touch-up paint I've ever used in 30+ years. Lexus is well-known for paint that is too soft and easily damaged, but this touch-up paint is ridiculous....

Yeah, I'm on my 5th coat, it's slowly getting more opaque but this IS ridiculous.

Your bottle is not bad - the Crystal White touch-up paint is always far too thin. You just have to keep applying layers, letting them dry, then applying more layers. Worst touch-up paint I've ever used in 30+ years. Lexus is well-known for paint that is too soft and easily damaged, but this touch-up paint is ridiculous....

I purchased a bottle of OEM Toyota/Lexus Crystal White 062 to touch up my slightly scratched rear bumper, that apparently is black plastic not metal, and I've applied a few thin coats with zero success. The touchup paint appears to be translucent gray rather than white. What am I doing wrong?:wacko:

Thanks

the o62 is a clear coat with methalic,you can put as many coats as you want ,it is never going to turn white.you need a base coat first and then put the 062 on top ,and you will not have any problem.

manny

I purchased a bottle of OEM Toyota/Lexus Crystal White 062 to touch up my slightly scratched rear bumper, that apparently is black plastic not metal, and I've applied a few thin coats with zero success. The touchup paint appears to be translucent gray rather than white. What am I doing wrong?:wacko:

Thanks

the o62 is a clear coat with methalic,you can put as many coats as you want ,it is never going to turn white.you need a base coat first and then put the 062 on top ,and you will not have any problem.

manny

What color base coat should I use for 062 Crystal white then?

Ok, this forum is virtually useless regarding this topic.

After calling my dealer, which I should have done in the first place, they told me that 062 is just a clearcoat finish. They've gotten a lot of complaints about this. You'll need to get an older color called Super White 040 and use it as a base coat before applying 062.

Now, all I need to due is use my Langka and try to wipe off the many gray layers of 062 that was recommended I apply earlier.

Thanks for nothing folks and your welcome for the correct way to do it.

After calling my dealer, which I should have done in the first place, they told me that 062 is just a clearcoat finish. They've gotten a lot of complaints about this. You'll need to get an older color called Super White 040 and use it as a base coat before applying 062.

Now, all I need to due is use my Langka and try to wipe off the many gray layers of 062 that was recommended I apply earlier.

Actually 040 is not the correct base coat, but should work. The correct base coat color is .........

Hey, your a funny guy, another know nothing heard from.

Actually 040 is not the correct base coat, but should work. The correct base coat color is .........

You should check my previous posts and then you'll find out I actually know quite a bit more than you, but obviously you prefer to look like an idiot on this board. People come here to share knowledge and experience, ask questions, and help each other out. Now unfortunately you can get wrong answers or misinformation, but that goes hand in hand with learning. In life mistakes are usually the best teacher.

I came to this board looking for knowledge and experience and that's why I posted my initial question. Apparently you didn't feel the need to help, you just felt a sarcastic remark was in order.

Explain to me oh wise one how I exposed myself as an idiot? Oh and please spare me more of your pomposity.

You should check my previous posts and then you'll find out I actually know quite a bit more than you, but obviously you prefer to look like an idiot on this board. People come here to share knowledge and experience, ask questions, and help each other out. Now unfortunately you can get wrong answers or misinformation, but that goes hand in hand with learning. In life mistakes are usually the best teacher.

I came to this board looking for knowledge and experience and that's why I posted my initial question. Apparently you didn't feel the need to help, you just felt a sarcastic remark was in order.

Explain to me oh wise one how I exposed myself as an idiot? Oh and please spare me more of your pomposity.

Read post #9. Calling the board useless and thanking everyone for nothing and calling me a know nothing along with everyone else pretty much says it all. Post #7 pretty much answered your inquiry correctly. All you had to do was go your dealer and simply ask to buy the base coat for crystal white.

That's right oh wise one, I could have gone directly to the dealer in the first place without messing around with you know nothings and wasting my time and energy. But I decided to ask this brilliant forum and received 5 different answers, all vague and uninformed. None of you gave me a full correct answer, if you had the ability to read and comprehend what you've read you'll notice that #7 said that I needed a base coat to which I asked what base coat would I need? No response was offered so I finally called the dealer to get my answer.

So before you start mouthing off, learn to read and comprehend.

I'm finished wasting my energy on you.

Read post #9. Calling the board useless and thanking everyone for nothing and calling me a know nothing along with everyone else pretty much says it all. Post #7 pretty much answered your inquiry correctly. All you had to do was go your dealer and simply ask to buy the base coat for crystal white.

That's right oh wise one, I could have gone directly to the dealer in the first place without messing around with you know nothings and wasting my time and energy. But I decided to ask this brilliant forum and received 5 different answers, all vague and uninformed. None of you gave me a full correct answer, if you had the ability to read and comprehend what you've read you'll notice that #7 said that I needed a base coat to which I asked what base coat would I need? No response was offered so I finally called the dealer to get my answer.

So before you start mouthing off, learn to read and comprehend.

I'm finished wasting my energy on you.

If this flaming continues, I'm going to close this topic!

spoll: Please remember that the suggestions that were posted were from members with varied degrees of knowledge in this, and other areas. The posts that I have read were going in the proper direction to help you out, but it was NOT necessary for you to have these negative responses in some of your posts. If you continue to have this problem I suggest that you re-post in the correct forum> http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=9

• 3 months later...

Guys, I think paint code 062 is the top coat and code 062-OB is the base coat--both available from Lexus and both called crystal white.

Tom

I'm new to Lexus, having been a Volvo driver for 25+ years and a frequent user of various Volvo forums. I've never seen anything like the tantrum I witnessed in his posts. I hope the original poster is in no way representative of Lexus owners because I do not in any way want to be associated with a**h**e* like that. Where do people get that sense of entitlement, and complete failure to take any responsibility for their own screwups. Anyone who knows enough to use Langka should know immediately if there is something wrong with a paint being used. It should not be necessary to remove several layers. Please tell me that his behavior was the exception.

I'm new to Lexus, having been a Volvo driver for 25+ years and a frequent user of various Volvo forums. I've never seen anything like the tantrum I witnessed in his posts. I hope the original poster is in no way representative of Lexus owners because I do not in any way want to be associated with a**h**e* like that. Where do people get that sense of entitlement, and complete failure to take any responsibility for their own screwups. Anyone who knows enough to use Langka should know immediately if there is something wrong with a paint being used. It should not be necessary to remove several layers. Please tell me that his behavior was the exception.

IME, this poster is the exception. Remember that trolls live everywhere.

p.s. I don't post a lot, but I read a bit.

BobL

IME, this poster is the exception. Remember that trolls live everywhere.

p.s. I don't post a lot, but I read a bit.

BobL

Sorry BobL. I assure you I'm not a troll. My comment was directed at the poster, but rereading it I acknowledge it certainly lost something in translation, and could easily be so construed. I'll try again:

As gordonw noted, the poster berated board members for "less than perfect" information. I've seen a lot of "less than perfect" responses on other boards over the years, and have never seen that kind of response before. I have not read enough posts/responses on the Lexus board to know how often this occurs. I'll assume (and hope) that it is extremely rare. The "entitlement" comment was misdirected--it has absolutely nothing to do generally with Lexus owners, and solely to do with the feelings of the original poster (who failed to assume any responsibility for figuring out what wasn't working, in spite of the fact that he knew enough to use Langka).

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, I think paint code 062 is the top coat and code 062-OB is the base coat--both available from Lexus and both called crystal white.

Tom

Regardless of the flaming post - I'm glad I checked the forum today. I just detailed my "Crystal White" 2006 LX470 and needed an answer to this very question regarding the touch-up paint. Thanks for the direction!

• 2 years later...
  • 11 years later...

I didn’t read the entire thread so I don’t know if this is already been answered but Toyota sells an 062 - BC which is the basecoat followed by the 062 pearl and then you follow that with a clear coat so it’s a three-step process

• Like 1