Tire Reccomendation(s)

I recently purchased a 1997 SC400 and it needs new shoes. It presently is running Falken Raptors, which look agressive enough, however appear to no longer be available. I live in South Florida so wet behavior is critical, especially with the driving culture here.

I've read great reviews for the Goodyear F1 GS D3 and ContiExtremeContact and I've had good experiences with Kumho on my 633Csi. Goes anyone here have, or have an opinion on, the F1, or Continental? Anyone running Kuhmo's? If so which tire.

Thanks In Advance

$220 per? That's a bit out of my budget. The Goodyear F1 is the highest rated tire I've researched and the toll for them is $160....

Thanks for the reccomendation

George

Actually that link was for 275/30/19ZR... the stock tire size for the SC is only ~$130 per tire and they got better reviews than the Eagle F1's. Here's a link to the different sizes -

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?ma...XL&i1_Qty=2

$220 per? That's a bit out of my budget. The Goodyear F1 is the highest rated tire I've researched and the toll for them is $160....

Thanks for the reccomendation

George

Actually that link was for 275/30/19ZR... the stock tire size for the SC is only ~$130 per tire and they got better reviews than the Eagle F1's. Here's a link to the different sizes -

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?ma...XL&i1_Qty=2

lol Thanks for the update, yeah $126 is a bit better, and less expensive than the F1's...

I found out the Raptors are made by Riken (BF Goodrich), not Falken, and still available so one more flavor in the mix..

Thanks for the update, so many choices..

George

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the Goodyear F1 GS D3 tires on my SC400. They are the best rain tire I've ever had and about the best in the dry as well. In addition they are quiet. I've been in some heavy downpours where cars have gone off the highway in front of me but even at 60-70mph these didn't even hydroplane. Check out Tirerack.com and read their reviews. Perhaps something better has come out in the last 3-4 years but I doubt it. Having a QUIET high performance tire has its advantages on long trips--- wet or dry.