Best Bang For The Buck Exhaust?

SEAN_VANCE

:blink:

This probably has been asked before but when i do a search I get a bunch of posts with completely unrelated info...

Anywho..., I am looking to buy new exahust for my car...I still want the dual but something that looks a little better, or should I say, looks more "aggressive" (like those dudes in auto shops say).

I also want like a little growl to it but nothing too loud or nothing that sounds like a 4 cylinder or bike... but a nice little grrrrrllll would be nice....

So if you guys have exaust what do you recommend that would be the best and cheapest...also, do you know any good places where I can buy them?

Any info greatly appreciated!

PS-Also can anyone give me the name of a store (prefebly online) where I can get those eiback springs?

thanks

95 sc 5spd ;)

I'd like to get a Greddy/Trust MX dual exhaust, but it is expensive. Stores sell it at around $800. Not sure where to get them.

For Eibach Pro-kit Springs the cheapest store I've found is ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2430351277

I'm not sure if ebay is a good place to buy springs; I have a feeling that the springs for sale won't be eibach springs.

Next up is:

http://www.adventon.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&...ctGroup_ID=1704

The cheapest price for an online store from what I've researched. Don't know the reputation of the company.

There's also:

http://www.tmengineering.net/suspension/br...make/lexus.html

I hear this company a lot. Never did business with them, but they do carry the Daizen bushings, so I'm guessing it's a good company. Prices aren't as cheap, but less than building retailers.

One more thing I forgot to ask....once you put these eibach springs....do you need a chamber kit?

If so, how much is that if anyone knows...

Man, exhaust 800 dolla...........good lood dats alot of money!

How bout I give u fity cent, and u give me a spin in your ride :whistles:

THanks for ur responses, very helpful

:D

Hey Im a newbee to the lexus game but love my 5spd sc300. I also would like to have a more aggressive exhaust system but wasn't thrilled <_< with the sound that that my friends was giving off with flowmaster. Was lookin for almost a Porsche sound if at all possible. Is there a good place to go on the web for upgrade parts at a good price.

any advice or help would be great. :D

Sorry to add to all the questions, but if I get the lowering springs, that's all I need right, I don't have to have new bushings or anything else as well do I?? I mean I can just pop them in and lower it and it's done right? (I know there's more to do than "pop them in", but you get what I'm sayin) Sorry, I don't know a whole lot about messin with suspension. Thanks

You don't need anything else. Shocks would seem practical to replace along with springs. If you have a mechanic take apart the components, you might as well change the shocks (perhaps aftermarket) because it costs money to take the wheel and other components off. If you do it yourself, you are going to need to rent a spring compressor available at some autohardware stores (kragen, pepboys).

One more thing I forgot to ask....once you put these eibach springs....do you need a chamber kit?

If so, how much is that if anyone knows...

I bought my SC lowered an inch in Front and Rear.

It was also equipped with 18s.

When it came time to change the tires (very soon after i bought the car) I saw that it had bad camber problems.

The tire was worn to the thread on the insides while it still had some rubbe on the outside.

After buying new tires I went to a professional allignment shop where the guy aloowed me to watch the whole process.

What I saw was that the front camber was about 1 degree and the rear was about 2.5 degrees.

I thought this strange since the car had been lowered and equal 1 inch both front and back.

To make a long story.....not as long...the guy won me half a degree on the rear wheels and nothing on the front.

You can view my before & after stat sheet here

And to answer your question about the camber kit.....no there isn't one for the SC300.