07 Gx470 Cd Title And Song Name Do Not Display

Krispinn

I just purchased a 2007 GX470 with the Navigation and Mark Levinson 6 Disc in glovebox CD changer. My wife noticed that none of her original CD's titles or song lists will display. I inserted over 30 new recently purchased CD's into the 6 disc changer and not a single CD's information will display.

This is my second GX470 and I don't recall this problem with my 2003 model. I also have a 2005 GS300 AWD that displays every CD's information and a 2001 Tacoma that also displays all the CD's information.

I returned to the dealership and they tried to tell me that all CD's are not encoded........I said hold up a second, I want to put all these CD's in that LS460 there and lo and behold every CD inserted was read properly, we then went to the GS and again all CD data was displayed. They then pulled up a similiarly equipped GX470 and to my amazement it did not display any of the CD's information.

They went and got their senior tech and his response was that in the GX470 only they are installing a 2003 version of the 6 disc CD changer..........Are you serious???????!!!! This thing plays CDs and DVDs....!!!! The technology to read CD information is like 1990. The Dealership tells me there is nothing they can do about this and that it is working properly as far as they are concerned.

I returned home and did an extensive Google search and turned up absolutely nothing on this.

The Dealership would like me to believe that I am the only customer to complain that my CD's data is not displayed. I find this very hard to believe that I would be the only person to own a GX470 that would complain about this. My Navigation display is set up to display this data. Are you telling me that during my entire ownership of this vehicle I will have to look at the two lines of text on the display that say NO DATA!!!!!

Please respond if anyone else out there is experiencing this problem. If indeed LEXUS's response is that they are using 2003 technology in my 2007 purchase and I just have to live with it I am extremely disappointed.

I still can not believe that I can't find a similiar complaint on the World Wide Web

I did expect it to be an option and that is why I am complaining. This is my 3rd lexus and my newest and the only one of the 3 that does not display this data. The Cost of the Levinson upgrade should include this feature.

It doesn't seem right to me when viewing the Audio tab on my Display screen that I see this for the entire time I own the vehicle:

CD NAME: No Data

SONG TITLE: No Data

I guess I would not complain because I was not expecting that to be an option.

Sounds like they will get that updated in future models, if the GX is the only one without it.

I will check this out when my wife gets home tonight. It will be great if this is the fix, if it is shame on the dealership. They sent their Senior Tech out to tell me that it was the fact that they use 2003 technology in this vehicle.

Did you read page 190 in your Navigation manual? It tells you how to display cd text. Why it doesn't do it by default is odd.

Just checked page 190 in the owners manual. It is talking about creating MP3 and WMA files that will display Text Data it is not talking about standard CD's

Page 184 states simply insert the CD and the CD Title and Song List will display. Again I have inserted over 50 New Original Bought from the Store CD's that meet at least one of the 4 standards stated in the owners manual and not a single one will display text.

Just checked page 190 in the owners manual. It is talking about creating MP3 and WMA files that will display Text Data it is not talking about standard CD's

Page 184 states simply insert the CD and the CD Title and Song List will display. Again I have inserted over 50 New Original Bought from the Store CD's that meet at least one of the 4 standards stated in the owners manual and not a single one will display text.

Odd, The Navigation manual I'm looking through for the 2007 GX is a little different. Page 185 has index for DVD Changer operation, see page 190 for Audio CD, CD Text. MP3/WMA is on page 193. Anyway, it says to put into the audio screen by touching the Audio button. For CD Text display, push the Disc/aux button. Thats it. Its a small section in the manual.

If I push Disc/Aux button with no CD it does nothing. It seems to only go to Aux if it senses my IPOD plugged in. If I put CD's in the 6 disc changer in the glove box it will then let me switch between XM, Radio, CD player etc but it will not display the Text. It says no Data for Title and Track on every CD I have tried to put in about 75 thus far. If you hit the button that says Track List it will give you the correct number of tracks showing 6 per page but again no data.

GordonW do you own a 2007 GX470? Do all your CD's display the CD Title and Track Data?

Thanks

Odd, The Navigation manual I'm looking through for the 2007 GX is a little different. Page 185 has index for DVD Changer operation, see page 190 for Audio CD, CD Text. MP3/WMA is on page 193. Anyway, it says to put into the audio screen by touching the Audio button. For CD Text display, push the Disc/aux button. Thats it. Its a small section in the manual.

Let me see if I got right...

1. Put CDs in changer

2. Go to CD player screen

3. Push Disc button for CD text...

but nothing happens? I don't own a GX, but I do have access to a 2007 GX. I may have to bring in some CDs and try it out. Only problem I have to figure out is which of my CDs have CD Text. Hopefully some of my new ones will have it.

We've owned our 07 GX470 for about a month, and I too began to notice that none of our store-bought cd's display the artist and title. Well, almost none. This may add a little more mystery, but 2 of our cd's DO display all of the info. Of course this is 2 out of the hundreds we own. I have tried all of the suggestions seen here, including the instructions in the manual about pressing the DISC/AUX button. Nothing. I was planning to wait until the first maintenance to mention is, but now that I see someone else is having the problem I'm going to step it up. To me, this is totally unacceptable.

Just got my so called official response from LEXUS. I call it so called because they will not respond in writing of any kind be it email or snail mail. The representative stated that indeed the technology in the CD player in the 2007 GX 470 is old vintage and it will only display text from CD's witht he CD Text Logo. Aparently the CD Text Logo is a propriatary program I believe owned by Sony and not imprinted on most CD's. I spoke to them about the Text in the owners manual and they stated that they will address the misinformation in the owners manual but that they would do nothing about my system not displaying the CD Data.

I think this is very bogus...This is 2007 the data is imprinted on CD's in numerous formats displayed on my own personal systems that are up to 7 years old.

What gets me the most is that the Navigation system is set up to display this data so any time that I choose audio I will be stuck looking at No Data, No Data and inorder to discover what CD I have in slot 1-6 I will have to wait for them to load and play and then get to the point where I recall the artist.

This is a big disappointment to me and I am discusted by LEXUS's official response.

I assume there must be an after market multi disc unit on the market that will replace this and display properly on the Navigation Screen. If anyone knows of one let me know, I will replace my factory one and beat it into 1,000 pieces and mail it back to LEXUS.

I have the same problem with my 2007 ES 350. Have not had a chance to investigate, though.

• 2 weeks later...
well, you could rip all your cds and burn em as mp3s, your saving space like that anyways since you can fit a long more songs on an mp3 disc than a normal one

My GX470 will not play CD-R with mp3 on them does your's? If so what brand cd-r you are using?

I am a new owner of a 2007 GX-470 and I have also been looking for the magic button that will make this change from no data to actual CD artist and song information.

I too am quite disappointed to find this is not available.

• 13 years later...

It is now 2021. I bought a 2007 GX 470 in late 2020 and am glad to know that the 'no CD title display' is a universal issue. Since the future is now I am able to plug in my iPhone to the aux and stream my music. I still use the six CD changer as I like the old school option to play some of my vintage CD's.