Bundle Package For Extended Warranty + Pre-paid Maintenance At The Dea

cindyj

My dealer offer me a bundle package for extended 7 years / 100,000 miles warranty and 4 year / 50,000 miles pre-paid maintenance.

The price is $3995.

The extended warranty is offer by a 3rd party called First Extended Service Corporation. It has a $50 deduction/time. And the dealer said new parts will be used everytime and the warranty has a $2500 value in fact.

The pre-paid maintenance includes all the maintenance listed on the manual (the first time comes free with the car). And they will pick up the car from my home or work and drop it off by the end of the day. If the work can not be finished in the same day, they will drop a Lexus for use when they pick up my car.

Since I am a first Lexux owner, any one knows whether it is a good deal?

Any one had try that bundle before?

Any one has any idea about how much it is going to cost for the maintenance for the 4 years / 50,000 miles if I don't purchase the pre-paid maintenance package?

• 1 month later...
My dealer offer me a bundle package for extended 7 years / 100,000 miles warranty and 4 year / 50,000 miles pre-paid maintenance.

The price is $3995.

The extended warranty is offer by a 3rd party called First Extended Service Corporation. It has a $50 deduction/time. And the dealer said new parts will be used everytime and the warranty has a $2500 value in fact.

The pre-paid maintenance includes all the maintenance listed on the manual (the first time comes free with the car). And they will pick up the car from my home or work and drop it off by the end of the day. If the work can not be finished in the same day, they will drop a Lexus for use when they pick up my car.

Since I am a first Lexux owner, any one knows whether it is a good deal?

Any one had try that bundle before?

Any one has any idea about how much it is going to cost for the maintenance for the 4 years / 50,000 miles if I don't purchase the pre-paid maintenance package?

You might look at www.webargain4u.com. They have excellent prices, and might be able to save you some money (I would bet at least 30%). They only offer warranties backed by Lexus. They also offer free quotes...

As far as the maintaince goes, oil changes are only about $40 (give or take), so the additional might not be worth it IMO. That amounts to about 17 oil changes over the 50,000 miles @ 3,000 miles per oil change or approx. $680.